The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Show us pictures of your DAW workstation/desk set up. Control Surfaces
Old 5th September 2015
Gear Nut

My homestudio setup, sideboards can fit 7 rack unit cases (have a 5U now)
Attached Thumbnails
Show us pictures of your DAW workstation/desk set up.-image_7579_0.jpg   Show us pictures of your DAW workstation/desk set up.-image_7340_0.jpg  
Old 6th September 2015
Lives for gear
Thanks for the good ideas, JayTee4303

For a touch daw type remote, have you tried a vnc app? There are several. I keep meaning to play with vnc sometime but haven't yet. For instance here is one--

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nchid.ui&hl=en

The attractiveness, it ought to work for controlling any program which has all the transport and other relevant controls grouped close enough together to display a 1:1 portion of the pc screen on the pad. If the daw transport screen region is compact enough ought to also be usable with a smartphone.

One can also drag the small screen window to mirror different pieces of the big screen, but am guessing that would get too annoying to be useful.

But if the android can show a fullsize region of the daw window containing the transport buttons, location, punch points, etc, might work pretty good.

I have a largish motorola android pad that hardly gets used. It is fairly fast and the screen looks good. Went looking for an android compatible audio interface with at least line level stereo input, to use the pad as a dedicated rta always connected to the mixer stereo main output but couldn't find any such audio interface. Maybe somebody makes one, dunno.
Old 6th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjr View Post
Thanks for the good ideas, JayTee4303

For a touch daw type remote, have you tried a vnc app? There are several. I keep meaning to play with vnc sometime but haven't yet. For instance here is one--

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nchid.ui&hl=en

The attractiveness, it ought to work for controlling any program which has all the transport and other relevant controls grouped close enough together to display a 1:1 portion of the pc screen on the pad. If the daw transport screen region is compact enough ought to also be usable with a smartphone.

One can also drag the small screen window to mirror different pieces of the big screen, but am guessing that would get too annoying to be useful.

But if the android can show a fullsize region of the daw window containing the transport buttons, location, punch points, etc, might work pretty good.

I have a largish motorola android pad that hardly gets used. It is fairly fast and the screen looks good. Went looking for an android compatible audio interface with at least line level stereo input, to use the pad as a dedicated rta always connected to the mixer stereo main output but couldn't find any such audio interface. Maybe somebody makes one, dunno.
I've investigated, vetted, and downloaded TightVNC. Right now the obstacle is the primary PC I'd use to remote control DAWs, lives at the far end of a single ethernet link, which also feeds the central wireless link. All of which is on the DMZ network, while the DAWs are on the Core Network, protected from WAN exposure.

If I swap that cable to the Core switch, I can easily remote ontrol the DAWs, but I then give up wireless access on this end of the facility, especially when the wall of outboard processing in the Tracking Room is switched on. I even have another cable in stock, just need time to access the crawlspace to pull it thru.
Old 6th September 2015
Lives for gear
Thanks for the descriptions. Sounds like a very elaborate setup!
Old 9th September 2015
Lives for gear

Still a work in progress...the bass traps in the corners are covered now since the pic. Kind of low end here...no outboard gear really.
Attached Thumbnails
Show us pictures of your DAW workstation/desk set up.-fullsizerender.jpg  
Old 21st September 2015
Here for the gear

Here is my setup. I made all the furniture myself from recycled timber and MDF.
Attached Thumbnails
Show us pictures of your DAW workstation/desk set up.-img_6326.jpg   Show us pictures of your DAW workstation/desk set up.-img_6329.jpg   Show us pictures of your DAW workstation/desk set up.-img_6333.jpg  
Old 21st September 2015
Here for the gear

Also put this guy on the back wall this week.
Attached Thumbnails
Show us pictures of your DAW workstation/desk set up.-11951442_10153000803606331_8275781256867894467_o.jpg  
Old 21st September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belman2003 View Post
Rarely see many guys on GS with Quested Monitors. The imaging on them is mind blowing. They are amazing.
Old 21st September 2015
Lives for gear

Old 14th October 2015
Lives for gear

Show us pictures of your DAW workstation/desk set up.

Here are some new pics of mine. Another Ikea Jerker. This time modified with the shelf underneath and an added monitor riser on top.
Attached Thumbnails
Show us pictures of your DAW workstation/desk set up.-imag0024.jpg   Show us pictures of your DAW workstation/desk set up.-imag0022.jpg   Show us pictures of your DAW workstation/desk set up.-imag0028.jpg   Show us pictures of your DAW workstation/desk set up.-imag0030.jpg  
Old 14th October 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzomixer View Post
Here are some new pics of mine. Another Ikea Jerker. This time modified with the shelf underneath and an added monitor riser on top.
Nice

Got to love the creative monitor stand to the right
Old 14th October 2015
Lives for gear

It's filled with sand as is the one on the left. They were just the right height to put the tweeters at ear level. Oh and before anyone gets excited. No, I am not the Flower Pot guy!
Old 14th October 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Porto View Post
this is a slick setup ..can you tell us what those components are..fader packs?
Old 15th October 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightOnRome View Post
this is a slick setup ..can you tell us what those components are..fader packs?
All the grey/green is Tonelux. 16x8x2 mixer w/ 4 aux sends/stereo returns. 16 eqs, 8 TXC comps, 8 MP1a preamps. Faders are P&G.

On the left are Tube Tech CL-2a, Dangerous BAX eq and Compressor, Tascam DA3000 DSD recorder, TC Reverb and a pair of D2 delays.
Old 16th October 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belman2003 View Post
Your monitors are WAY too close together!
Old 16th October 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Porto View Post
All the grey/green is Tonelux. 16x8x2 mixer w/ 4 aux sends/stereo returns. 16 eqs, 8 TXC comps, 8 MP1a preamps. Faders are P&G.

On the left are Tube Tech CL-2a, Dangerous BAX eq and Compressor, Tascam DA3000 DSD recorder, TC Reverb and a pair of D2 delays.
cool, I was interested in the custom console configuration ..nice set up!

thanks
Old 16th October 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecandy View Post
I reckon if Belman2003 moved his monitors further apart he'd have to sit way back from the desk. He might need a stick to work the controls. Unfortunate situation.
Old 17th October 2015
Lives for gear

I got trained on hardware desks in college, and my old home studio used to be all hardware, but now I'm all software.
I compose MIDI music with VST instruments and freeze to audio for edits and special effects.

These USB monitors also have an interface built into them, but I currently don't record anything externally. The operating system is
Ubuntu Studio (that's what the blue logo is). But I still run Windows programs like FL Studio, Reaper, and Foobar2000.
Right now I'm just using a compact 25-key MIDI controller but this winter I'll probably get a 49-key controller.

The nice thing about the laptop is it's a model that was designed to endure both vibrations and high temperatures.
I got it used for about 100 dollars.

I know a lot of you guys have fancy hardware setups, but I wanted to post up something modest for contrast.
A system doesn't have to be big and fancy to get work done anymore.
Old 18th October 2015
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecandy View Post
Well to be perfectly honest, they're not too close together. If I spaced them further apart I would have to move the desk back in to the room and sit right in a very unfortunate 55hz null around the centre of the room.
Old 18th October 2015
Here for the gear
Here is mine.
Got the workstation from Swamp Industries in Canberra AUS, top guys too!
The LED's are sound sensitive as well, as I don't have a lamp atm they give me most of the light I need.
Fun times
Attached Thumbnails
Show us pictures of your DAW workstation/desk set up.-12079333_10153241225123716_871735650863919327_n.jpg  
Old 21st October 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337aZ View Post
Here is mine.
The LED's are sound sensitive as well, as I don't have a lamp atm they give me most of the light I need.
Fun times
So the LED's are they a specific "sound sensitive" product, or is there some kind of sensor product you plug them into or power them with ?
Old 21st October 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337aZ View Post
Here is mine.
Fun times
Wow!
Love it!
That must be a real trip after a couple of glasses of wine!
Old 10th March 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Lugo View Post
Nice setup. What are those controllers? I’d love to see a more lit shot if you have one.
Which controllers James? There's a Mackie MCU but the console is a Digico DS00
Old 10th March 2017
Gear Guru

Here's mine in March 2017. Hopefully by April there will also be a little Apollo Twin Duo sitting on top of the little Glyph/Tascam pile on the left. I also have room for a high end headphone amp on the right next to the other little stack. I think my eyes are aging with me and I could use a larger computer monitor.

Old 10th March 2017
Lives for gear

Here is mine. I built the desk from scratch.
Attached Thumbnails
Show us pictures of your DAW workstation/desk set up.-img_0217.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Off to the left side:
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Not much change in 20 + years Just slid in a newer DAW / Recording setup

Been in this spot since 1988
Attached Thumbnails
Show us pictures of your DAW workstation/desk set up.-final-_8.jpg   Show us pictures of your DAW workstation/desk set up.-final-.jpg   Show us pictures of your DAW workstation/desk set up.-final-_11.jpg  

Last edited by cjogo; 1 week ago at 07:18 AM..
Old 1 week ago
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Mastering View Post
Nice space. Where'd you hide your trapping?
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
Nice space. Where'd you hide your trapping?
Thanks...

In the back of the room, i have a very dense couch and it works for my space. Its pretty much tuned the way like it..
I was thinking of making some diffusers, but i'm scared to change the room, because so used to the sound of it.

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search