The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Do Plugins Deteriorate your Audio too?
Old 21st March 2015
Gear Addict

Do Plugins Deteriorate your Audio too?

Has anyone had a problem with plugins lowering the quality of their audio? I did a recording that needed some eq'ing so I tried a quite popular plug to do this. I was not liking the sound as I adjusted and adjusted it to try and make it better. When I really noticed this decay is when I bypassed the eq all-together - the sound was much better as the initial recording in terms of audio quality. So, I tried this again with another well know eq and it seemed to be the same. Finally I looped the track to an outboard eq and ...ahhh ..it seemed to work like a charm. It really provided a good sound with no apparent audio decay.

Has anyone else experience anything like this with plugs?

Thanks
Old 21st March 2015
Deleted User
Yes, all plugins deteriorate audio. Some do enough good things to make it worth it.
Old 21st March 2015
Lives for gear

What I find about plugs and I have some of the best ones, is that you can't push them very hard before they start changing the quality of the signal.
Sometimes you want that though.I usually don't.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search