The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
ATC SCM amp pack calibration procedure
Old 19th March 2015
Lives for gear

ATC SCM amp pack calibration procedure

I'm soon getting some used ATC amp packs for my passive SCM 50.

I think these are MK1 amp packs and were used with SCM 100.
I know that ATC is servicing and calibrating these but I would like to avoid the expensive shipping to and from UK for these heavy items if possible.

I'm going to recap the amps since the amps are probably quite old and I need to recalibrate these from SCM 100 to SCM 50. Not sure if there is anything to change at all, but I would like to make sure that they are set correctly before connecting my woofers to them.

Does anybody has some information about the calibration procedure ?

I'm going to try to contact ATC, but they were always unresponsive to my emails in the past. I will give them a call if nobody can help me here.

Thanks
Old 19th March 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosty View Post
I'm soon getting some used ATC amp packs for my passive SCM 50.

I think these are MK1 amp packs and were used with SCM 100.
I know that ATC is servicing and calibrating these but I would like to avoid the expensive shipping to and from UK for these heavy items if possible.

I'm going to recap the amps since the amps are probably quite old and I need to recalibrate these from SCM 100 to SCM 50. Not sure if there is anything to change at all, but I would like to make sure that they are set correctly before connecting my woofers to them.

Does anybody has some information about the calibration procedure ?

I'm going to try to contact ATC, but they were always unresponsive to my emails in the past. I will give them a call if nobody can help me here.

Thanks
I don't know about the amp pack you've bought, but I'll send it to atc right away, for servicing/upgrading.. and I always got prompt answers from Brad Lunde and Ben Lilly which are also on this forum.

good luck!

Cheu
Old 19th March 2015
Lives for gear

I would like to avoid paying a few hundred GBP for letting them adjust 4 trim pots. Having heard from someone that ATC lost the amps while sending them back isn't a good thing either, added to the fact that my impression from ATC's customer service hasn't been the best until now.

I have attached a pic of the amp pack.
Compared to newer revisions of the amp pack, the PCB seems to lack quite a few things.
One thing I noticed is that there are only trim resistors for H.F. level + phase and M.F level + phase, compared to a L.F. level on newer revisions.

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search