The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Earthworks Drum Kit sample CD (mp3s) download
Old 16th December 2006
Earthworks Drum Kit sample CD (mp3s) download

I had been hoping someone else would get this done sooner so i could use theirs, but oh well.

I ordered the earthworks drum kit sample audio cd from them and got it yesterday. I really like the sound. although it is a biased cd (from the mic manufacturer) it is still a great tool to help decide future purchases. I had my web guy through the link up on our wwebsite so... Now You Too Can Have This Wonderful Tool.
the link is on the front page of our website www.theywilllisten.com
its under the heading "earthworks" or something.
And since this is a free demo CD showing off their product, I wouldn't think that i would be infringing on any rights or anything. If i am, sorry, you can delete this post. I just ripped the cd into mp3s, so they have the order in the tags and then zipped the whole thing. it will be available for 14 days or 200 downloads. let me know if it doesnt work. have fun!
Old 18th December 2006
does anybody want this? if not i'll take it down off the web.
Old 5th July 2007
Here for the gear

I would like to have it but I didn't see it on your site.
Alex
Old 5th July 2007
its been taken off since last December. if you still want it let me know.
Old 5th July 2007
Lives for gear

I want it...
Old 5th July 2007
Jai guru deva om

I spoke with Larry @ Earthworks a couple of years ago asking him if they were going to make mp3 available online for those cd's. His answer then was that he didn't want it to happen, so I never ripped one and posted them up. So FWIW, Earthworks probably isn't excited about it although they did allow us to post samples of each mic in mp3 format at Bringing Recording Studios and Audio Engineers Together at ***************.com / the Jam Room Sessions section of the site.

War
Old 5th July 2007

By the time you make an MP3, the big advantages of the EW mics are lost.

I have a pair and love them, but most people don't have playback systems good enough to hear the insanely accurate high frequency transient behavior you get from these mics......

-tINY

Old 5th July 2007
i wasn't sure, but since they give out CDs of the tracks i thought it would be ok. maybe not.

and it is just for a reference, sure you lose a lot in mp3 but it is a good starting point if you are interested in the mics.
Old 5th July 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicvalley View Post
i wasn't sure, but since they give out CDs of the tracks i thought it would be ok. maybe not.

and it is just for a reference, sure you lose a lot in mp3 but it is a good starting point if you are interested in the mics.
Usually the pay back for giving out a free reference CD is they get some of your info for marketing purposes, which is a legitimate tradeoff. I suspect that is why they want to control the distribution.

diamondjim
Barn Jazz Home

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search