The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Has GRS Systems closed?
Old 25th February 2015
Gear Nut

Has GRS Systems closed?

Hey Slutz!

A year ago I ordered a new psu for my Amek BC3 from GRS Systems, California.
It cost me about a grand, and I haven't seen a thing yet.
After months of waiting, their carrier told me that my psu had been sent to a wrong adress, and that they needed to find where it was in order to have it sent back to me.
A couple months and a dozen un-replied emails after, GRS told me that the carrying company had closed because of the owner's death, and that they couldn't contact any former employee or locate my psu. They also had wildfires in their area, so they couldn't be reached by phone, skype or anything...
At this point I really felt like I was being made fun of...
A year and another dozen emails later, I get an auto-response saying that GRS has closed because of the owner's death.
Can anybody please confirm that? That would be terrible.
Anyway, I've been screwed all the way. My studio was closed for months, sessions cancelled, I lost a lot of money.
I don't mean to sound un-sensitive, but this is the worst commercial experience I've ever had in my whole life
Old 25th February 2015
Gear Addict

Hey man,

Im sorry to hear about your experience that is quite worrying, I would have thought you've already used this e-mail address but I dealt with a guy called Joe Gianini at GRS 2 yys ago who is the operations manager, I know that Ted Jolly is usually the head guy but try

[email protected]

If you cant find him there perhaps try Linkd'in etc. Best of luck!
Old 25th February 2015
Gear Nut

Thanks for your input, buddy! I've been using all their email adresses. I'll try linkd'in.
Does anybody here lives near their facility?
Old 27th February 2015
Lives for gear

I am about 100 miles away from them. How can I help?
Old 27th February 2015
Gear Nut

Hey Vintageidiot, thanks for wanting to help! Well, 100 miles isn't exactly next door, so getting there to see what's going on is out of the question I guess. Unless you are willing to do so, in which case I'ld be happy to pay for your expenses!
If the company is indeed closed, the idea would be to get the money back! According to the auto-response email I got, the company is being liquidated by "Fulfillment Services, Inc.". I think I found them on google, so I sent them an email. I'm waiting for their answer to see if they are the actual company.
In the mean time, if you have any idea on how I could join someone involved in GRS, please enlighten me!
Old 28th February 2015
Lives for gear

Click on the Ebay Store link, they have a lot of psu's for sale on a Facebook page linked to Ebay listings.

https://www.facebook.com/GrsProAudio...96248510415671
Old 28th February 2015
Lives for gear

This sounds really familiar to me. I think someone else around here ran into the same problem. I vaguely recall someone from the company getting on here and replying to the thread.
Old 28th February 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianellefson View Post
This sounds really familiar to me. I think someone else around here ran into the same problem. I vaguely recall someone from the company getting on here and replying to the thread.
Well, we'll see!
Old 28th February 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintageidiot View Post
Click on the Ebay Store link, they have a lot of psu's for sale on a Facebook page linked to Ebay listings.

https://www.facebook.com/GrsProAudio...96248510415671
Yes, their listings are still up! But from what I understand, all their psu's are custom-build at the order. I don't think they keep anything in their stock.
Old 28th February 2015
Gear Nut

So it seems that GRS really has closed due to the death of the owner. This is very sad news.
I read somewhere that their whole facility (including all their gear, their neve console and their mic collection) was burnt down in an accidental fire about 8 years ago... Sometimes fate seems to be determined to tear certain things apart .
Anyway, I got the information of the company in charge of the liquidation, I'll reach out to them on monday to see if there's anything they can do.
I'll let you know how this turns out!
Old 28th February 2015
Lives for gear

Sorry to hear that man.
Old 4th March 2015
Lives for gear

Here's the reply I got on ebay when I asked about the company ...

"New power supply systems are temporary unavailable. The original manufacturing company who designed these systems is no longer manufacturing these power supplies after a death within the company's ownership.

The company is currently undergoing a change of ownership and is currently being administered by our contracted company, Fulfillment Services, whilst these changes are happening.

We expect that the original manufacturer's engineers and technicians will continue to work with the new ownership group and will then continue to build these power supply systems using the original designs.

We understand that a working agreement has been reached in this regard, however, the legalities have yet to be consummated, as of yet.

We will add you to the list of persons interested in these systems and we will notify you when these system will once again become available.

Thank you for your interest!

Regards,

Robert Strissolm
Fulfillment Services"
Old 5th March 2015
Gear Nut
Appears to be the case. I have emailed twice in the last week to buy some parts I regularly source from them and have not had the emails answered. Too bad as they have been very helpful in the past with hard to find Amek and TAC parts.
Old 11th March 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noisy1 View Post
Appears to be the case. I have emailed twice in the last week to buy some parts I regularly source from them and have not had the emails answered. Too bad as they have been very helpful in the past with hard to find Amek and TAC parts.
Have you tried Audio Maintenance Limited in the UK? I think they stock most Amek parts!
Old 11th March 2015
Gear Nut
Yup. AML has been very helpful. Always quick to answer questions, sale or not. Hard to beat a place that treats you right every time you interact with them. AML is a class act and building some cool equipment to boot.
Old 25th March 2015
I just ordered 10 Langley mic kits for my TAC console three days ago from GRS. I had trouble reaching them via email for a couple of days, but eventually Jim Linn got back to me and he was knowledgeable on the products I needed. I used the email "[email protected]" and he was able to get the transaction done for me. I did notice, however, that when I received the invoice via paypal that the recipient of my transaction was not GRS, it was somebody with an Indian-sounding name.

I'm assuming that the company has changed hands, but has kept the name.
Old 26th March 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern View Post
I just ordered 10 Langley mic kits for my TAC console three days ago from GRS. I had trouble reaching them via email for a couple of days, but eventually Jim Linn got back to me and he was knowledgeable on the products I needed. I used the email "[email protected]" and he was able to get the transaction done for me. I did notice, however, that when I received the invoice via paypal that the recipient of my transaction was not GRS, it was somebody with an Indian-sounding name.

I'm assuming that the company has changed hands, but has kept the name.
Oh good news! I'm sending an email to Jim right now!

Thank you, I'll let you know!
Old 2nd April 2015
I got my package from GRS; excellent service! They even held my package for a few days until I would return home to pick it up and then sent me an email asking if everything was ok and offering help if I needed to ask any tech questions about the install. Everything was packaged EXCELLENT too for shipping. Top notch class act if you ask me.
Old 6th April 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern View Post
I got my package from GRS; excellent service! They even held my package for a few days until I would return home to pick it up and then sent me an email asking if everything was ok and offering help if I needed to ask any tech questions about the install. Everything was packaged EXCELLENT too for shipping. Top notch class act if you ask me.
James Linn works for the fulfillment company in charge of liquidating the stock of small stuff that grs used to sell online (mic modules, tapes,...).
GRS is indeed dead
Old 6th April 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by remsouille View Post
James Linn works for the fulfillment company in charge of liquidating the stock of small stuff that grs used to sell online (mic modules, tapes,...).
GRS is indeed dead

uh oh.....better buy all the mic and line upgrade kits I can then.......and hope that my power supply never fails.....

Last edited by Vern; 6th April 2015 at 09:32 PM.. Reason: forgot something
Old 27th May 2015
Any more info on this? I was about to order a Trident 80b Power Supply from them :(
Old 27th May 2015
Gear Nut
I ordered a power supply and have been corresponding with the usual people, Geoff and Hollie. So far so good, wait times seem a bit long.
Old 13th June 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
After months of waiting, their carrier told me that my psu had been sent to a wrong adress, and that they needed to find where it was in order to have it sent back to me.
A couple months and a dozen un-replied emails after, GRS told me that the carrying company had closed because of the owner's death, and that they couldn't contact any former employee or locate my psu. They also had wildfires in their area, so they couldn't be reached by phone, skype or anything...
At this point I really felt like I was being made fun of...
Just curious, what was the name of the 'carrier' that 'sent your PSU to the wrong address'?
Old 15th June 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdot View Post
Just curious, what was the name of the 'carrier' that 'sent your PSU to the wrong address'?
The carrier was Crate-N-Ship.
Old 15th June 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noisy1 View Post
I ordered a power supply and have been corresponding with the usual people, Geoff and Hollie. So far so good, wait times seem a bit long.
Seriously? How did you reach them? Email? Phone? I can hardly believe it!
Old 16th June 2015
Gear Nut
@ remsouille

PM sent with the contact info I've been using.
Old 16th June 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
The carrier was Crate-N-Ship.
No ****ing way. That was the same totally incompetent 'carrier' that was supposed to 'deliver my package' that I had 'corresponded' with way after your February 25th post (just a few weeks ago in fact). The one that most likely doesn't exist, using a fake address, with no telephone number and only Skype to 'call them'?
I'd like to know how a company that had 'closed' had been contracted to ship my system.

Plus check their eBay profile
grs_pro_audio_systems on eBay

One 'would not deliver' negative feedback so far in the past month ...

Last edited by tdot; 16th June 2015 at 04:28 AM..
Old 19th June 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdot View Post
No ****ing way. That was the same totally incompetent 'carrier' that was supposed to 'deliver my package' that I had 'corresponded' with way after your February 25th post (just a few weeks ago in fact). The one that most likely doesn't exist, using a fake address, with no telephone number and only Skype to 'call them'?
I'd like to know how a company that had 'closed' had been contracted to ship my system.

Plus check their eBay profile
grs_pro_audio_systems on eBay

One 'would not deliver' negative feedback so far in the past month ...
Man, this is getting serious. What is it that you ordered? Did you get it?
Old 19th June 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Man, this is getting serious. What is it that you ordered? Did you get it?
A custom power supply, and no, I did not. It was one complete bull**** excuse after another until I finally opened a transaction dispute against them after about 140 days of waiting. They had no intention of giving my money back and tried to hide behind their 'no refund' clause. Luckily mine hadn't got 'lost in shipping' yet and no product shipped is no product, so they forcibly took my money back from this 'Maha Almusa' guy. They couldn't even get their story straight about what had happened with the unit (their multiple dispute comments were all conflicting).

Has anyone looked at their current address on Google maps?
42397 SABINA DR. HEMET, CA 92544?
It looks like a residential shack in the middle of nowhere.

The address used by this 'Crate-N-Ship' provider doesn't even exist, and all the emails from all the different people I was talking to (including 'Crate-N-Ship') all originated from a Hughes IP. Sadly, the IP addresses constantly changed or else it would prove they were all the same person, but I find it odd they were all on the same subnet and all using Hughes. In my opinion, I was only in contact with 1 or 2 real people, who were assuming the identity of all the people I was in contact (including the 'other companies').

If the company really was liquidated/sold (though my guess is all the people above you have talked to were all the same person), my guess is it was liquidated/sold to a scam shop.
Check the X-Originating-IP in the email header from this 'Robert Strissolm' person. If it matches 72.168.* there's a good chance it's the same person(s).

Last edited by tdot; 19th June 2015 at 06:33 PM..
Old 25th June 2015
Gear Nut

Wow, I really don't know what to do about all this. They just posted something on facebook about having a difficult time with their chassis fabrication vendor, and that they finally have over 60 psu ready for order. What to think? The communication is still terrible.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search