The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lewitt DTP anyone? Dynamic Microphones
Old 24th February 2015
Gear Addict

Lewitt DTP anyone?

Searched around for some info on the Lewitt DTP series, but when it comes to Lewitt here at GS, it seems it's always about their condenser mics.

I stumbled across the DTP 340 rex on the kick drum shooutout at recording hacks and liked the sound quite a bit, would be in my top 5 in that shootout, and it's less expensive than the RE320, the ATM25 and the N/D868 (my other favourites).

So I wonder if anyone has a little more experience with that one, and maybe also with the DTP 340 TT, the tom-mic from that series.

I am quite happy with my old AT Pro 25 for kick, but that works great as a tom mic, too. So I'm looking for some alternatives for kick and toms.
Old 20th April 2015
Here for the gear

I am interested in this mic as well. There is not a whole lot of reviews out there for it either.
Old 15th October 2016
Gear Nut

I just got one in the drum 6 mic pack, but honestly I bought it by mistake. I thought that kit had the 640 rex in it, which was the reason I bought it. My main question is whether or not the 340 Rex has the exact same capsule as the dynamic portion of the 640 rex? I don't mind having just a dynamic only version of the 640, but if they went cheap on the capsule in the 340, I'd be upset and sell it before I use it. The set is brand new and don't want to change that, for resell purposes, so I'm a little afraid to test it out.
Old 12th March 2017
Just bought one ... I think it sounds very good, like my studio's kick drum, with other mics I've tried it sounds like the kick going thru the mic if you know what I mean, I was very surprised considering it's not an expensive mic, it's not a super hyped scooped sound, I liked the flat eq setting, I've yet have to try the enhanced eq setting but the flat eq works great and takes eq very well.

I'm gassing for a 640 now
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search