The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
DBX 500 Series?
Old 4th July 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRanger View Post
You have any audio with the DBX 560 in use? Maybe a gentle amount on a vocal or something?
Take a look around here: Welcome to Studio Noho

A ton of music to sift through. Pretty much everything went through a dbx 160x, xt, a, or 560a on the way into PT. Sometimes compressed gently, sometimes not. The 4 different dbx variants sound very, very similar.
Old 7th July 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
Take a look around here: Welcome to Studio Noho

A ton of music to sift through. Pretty much everything went through a dbx 160x, xt, a, or 560a on the way into PT. Sometimes compressed gently, sometimes not. The 4 different dbx variants sound very, very similar.
Thanks Brent. Cool sounds!
Old 12th March 2018
Lives for gear

Anyone know what is going on with DBX? I ordered a 520 in December from Sweetwater and still not in stock...
Old 12th March 2018
Gear Guru

I got one of those.... had to sell it, unfortunately it was hard to dial in. I prefer some of the better software de-esser's these days.
Old 13th March 2018
Lives for gear

For the price the 530s are a good deal, utilitarian and neutral. They can be quit subtle, but unforgiving when pushed too far (which is not hard to do). They are inspired by the 905. I use them on vocals, just for subtle cuts after some color/compression to polish things a little more on the way (ill usually eq ITB as well).
Old 29th March 2018
IF anyone's interested I have a pair of DBX 560as listed in the classifieds and on Ebay. When the first pair sells I'm going to sell another pair. They're totally mint, like new, barely used. Hit me up if you want them.
Old 29th March 2018
Lives for gear

I have been loving my pair of 580 preamps on stereo guitar DI! With a Radial Pro D2 in front... just really strong and hi fi.

This chain is just parked for now, I love it!

560a is cool too, very utilitarian
Old 4 weeks ago
m03
Gear Maniac

Anyone tried the ZenPro Mod Edition of the DBX 520?

I'm curious if there's a discernible difference in sound between a modified and unmodified unit.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search