The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
DBX 500 Series?
Old 4th July 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRanger View Post
You have any audio with the DBX 560 in use? Maybe a gentle amount on a vocal or something?
Take a look around here: Welcome to Studio Noho

A ton of music to sift through. Pretty much everything went through a dbx 160x, xt, a, or 560a on the way into PT. Sometimes compressed gently, sometimes not. The 4 different dbx variants sound very, very similar.
Old 7th July 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
Take a look around here: Welcome to Studio Noho

A ton of music to sift through. Pretty much everything went through a dbx 160x, xt, a, or 560a on the way into PT. Sometimes compressed gently, sometimes not. The 4 different dbx variants sound very, very similar.
Thanks Brent. Cool sounds!
Old 12th March 2018
Lives for gear

Anyone know what is going on with DBX? I ordered a 520 in December from Sweetwater and still not in stock...
Old 12th March 2018
Gear Guru

I got one of those.... had to sell it, unfortunately it was hard to dial in. I prefer some of the better software de-esser's these days.
Old 13th March 2018
Lives for gear

For the price the 530s are a good deal, utilitarian and neutral. They can be quit subtle, but unforgiving when pushed too far (which is not hard to do). They are inspired by the 905. I use them on vocals, just for subtle cuts after some color/compression to polish things a little more on the way (ill usually eq ITB as well).
Old 29th March 2018
IF anyone's interested I have a pair of DBX 560as listed in the classifieds and on Ebay. When the first pair sells I'm going to sell another pair. They're totally mint, like new, barely used. Hit me up if you want them.
Old 29th March 2018
Lives for gear

I have been loving my pair of 580 preamps on stereo guitar DI! With a Radial Pro D2 in front... just really strong and hi fi.

This chain is just parked for now, I love it!

560a is cool too, very utilitarian
Old 18th May 2019
m03
Gear Maniac

Anyone tried the ZenPro Mod Edition of the DBX 520?

I'm curious if there's a discernible difference in sound between a modified and unmodified unit.
Old 4 weeks ago
Deleted 8aee39a
Quote:
Originally Posted by m03 View Post
Anyone tried the ZenPro Mod Edition of the DBX 520?

I'm curious if there's a discernible difference in sound between a modified and unmodified unit.

No, people just get it done for fun.
Old 4 weeks ago
m03
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 8aee39a View Post
No, people just get it done for fun.
Why don't you tell us about the objective difference you've noticed after having this work done to a 520 then.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Why don't you tell us about the objective difference you've noticed after having this work done to a 520 then.
He worked on that sarcastic quip for over two months. The least you can do is politely pretend you think it's clever.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
He worked on that sarcastic quip for over two months. The least you can do is politely pretend you think it's clever.
What do you mean, 'polite?' The whole point of this forum, just like any other casual chatting among strangers online, is to make everyone else look like as much of a jerk as possible. How else do you expect to attain any success in the music industry without trying to **** on as many people possible, preferably in public.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

I completely agree the internet is intended to make people look bad. That's why I don't follow a lot of my own friends on social media, it makes me hate them.
Old 3 weeks ago
Deleted 8aee39a
I came here with the exact same question.

Also, It took me 5 minutes of Googling and about 20 minutes of sifting through posts in this exact thread, to get the answer to the question asked by the person I gave that sarcastic remark to. I got the answer to that question.

If people aren't willing to put in the effort to actually read and look for the answers that have literally been spelled out a few posts before, they deserve to be replied with stupid comments.

Funny thing is, there are links to not one but two mods and comments on where to find samples for both of them. If you don't have the patience and discipline to look for answers yourself, then be prepared to get made fun of by people who are willing to make an effort.

Nothing in life comes free. You pay a price for everything. You can decide wether that price is your time and effort, or your humility.

https://www.reviveaudio.com/index.ph...ormation_id=13

https://www.zenproaudio.com/clipalator
Old 3 weeks ago
m03
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_SoundGuy View Post
Nothing in life comes free. You pay a price for everything. You can decide wether that price is your time and effort, or your humility.

https://www.reviveaudio.com/index.ph...ormation_id=13

https://www.zenproaudio.com/clipalator
Err, you do realize that I searched for answers before I posted that question... 2 months ago, when the mod was still a new addition to their lineup.

I also asked about the modified DBX 520...the de-esser module, which isn't on the Revive Audio sound sample list that you posted, and though it is in the Clipalator now, I didn't see it there at the time that I posted my original question.
Old 3 weeks ago
Deleted 8aee39a
Quote:
Err, you do realize that I searched for answers before I posted that question... 2 months ago, when the mod was still a new addition to their lineup.

I also asked about the modified DBX 520...the de-esser module, which isn't on the Revive Audio sound sample list that you posted, and though it is in the Clipalator now, I didn't see it there at the time that I posted my original question.

Also, as far as your original question of there being a "discernible" difference.
No company is gonna spend hours to mod a product if there isn't a discernible difference.

Good luck with your career.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_SoundGuy View Post
Good luck with your career.

AHahahahaha Lol I have a feeling you're gonna need it a lot more than he will, Nikhil!

https://reveriesofficial.bandcamp.com/releases
Old 3 weeks ago
Deleted 8aee39a
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
AHahahahaha Lol I have a feeling you're gonna need it a lot more than he will, Nikhil!

https://reveriesofficial.bandcamp.com/releases

Seeing how I actually spend time working on improving my craft over stalking people on the internet, I think I'll be fine.
Also, if you feel so confident that you can post other people's older songs and laugh at them, why dont you bless us with your list of billboard hits.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Everyone’s a mogul on the internet.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search