The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
what was mixed ITB?
Old 8th December 2006
Here for the gear

what was mixed ITB?

Hi. I wonder what TOP RATED SONGS was mixed ITB only? Could someone name it, please?
for example, song 'x' was mixed by 'y' with 'z' stuff.
Old 8th December 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokaby View Post
Hi. I wonder what TOP RATED SONGS was mixed ITB only? Could someone name it, please?
for example, song 'x' was mixed by 'y' with 'z' stuff.
Off the Top of my head ,

Most of Kelly Clarkson's record bar a couple tracks
Most of Ushers Last record bar a few tracks
Some of Mariah Carey's last singles ...
First 3 Singles from an Aussie girl Rock/pop group called the Veronica's
I think Pinks Latest single ....

Cheers
Old 8th December 2006
Gear Nut

Where can you find this information out? I have a really vague vague memory of someone telling me that you can find out what all the songs in the UK top 40 were mixed on... but it sounds a bit far fetched.

Check this one out:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showt...ht=Another+ITB

Cheers,

Tim.
Old 8th December 2006
Gear Maniac

Livin' La Vida Loca (Ricky Martin), mixed by Charles Dye in ProTools.
Old 8th December 2006
Here for the gear

H-Rezz, are you sure about pink? is it "U+UR Hand" single?
Old 8th December 2006
Look at anything mixed by the engineering Grammy award mixer Mick Guzauski over the last 8-10 years.

He doesn't necessarily mix ITB but he has been mixing in the digital format for over a decade and his mixes can stand up with anyone's.
Old 8th December 2006
Lives for gear

Anything by Phil Tan , Serban Ghenea .

Latest Rihanna , R Kelly , The Neptunes .

Most of Shakira's .
Old 8th December 2006
Gear Addict

This is really valuable info. Keep them coming... is this info to be found somewhere? We should make a database.
Old 8th December 2006

I think I remember that 3 Doors Down's 'When I'm Gone' is ITB.
Old 8th December 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethrillfactor View Post
Look at anything mixed by the engineering Grammy award mixer Mick Guzauski over the last 8-10 years.

He doesn't necessarily mix ITB but he has been mixing in the digital format for over a decade and his mixes can stand up with anyone's.
Mick rules
Old 9th December 2006
Lives for gear

Check out the Black Eyed Peas latest --without reading the liner notes-- and take the Pepsi Challenge. Is it Tony maserati (analog)? Is it Spike Stent (analog)? Is it Serban Ghanea (itb)? They're all in there. Tougher to tell than you'd think...
Old 9th December 2006
Lives for gear

It's my understanding that George and Giles Martin newly released album of the Beatles was re-mixed ITB.
Old 9th December 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
H-Rezz, are you sure about pink? is it "U+UR Hand" single?
No i'm not 100% sure , this one is an educated guess , some factors in my favour are , it was produced by Max Martin who has been using Serban Ghenea for his mixes and Serban is credited with mixing tracks on Pinks Album , so i'm doing a bit of Math here heh

I do not own the record ...
Old 9th December 2006
Lives for gear
Los Lonely Boys "Heavan" is an ITB mix. Its rock...and it sounds good.
Old 9th December 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffmo View Post
Los Lonely Boys "Heavan" is an ITB mix. Its rock...and it sounds good.
I never liked the snare sound on that song, personally.
Old 9th December 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Clapton's "Back Home" has some ridiculously good mixing. I reference "So Tired" for bass/low end all the time. Of course, I'm sure having Nathan East laying down the 'bottom line' helps a lot...
Old 9th December 2006
Lives for gear

Serban's mixes are outstanding!
For my money, he is the best ITB guy out there.
Old 9th December 2006
Lives for gear

when ye say mixed ITB, do ye mean mostly ITB i.e. using some outboard gear but no console or completely ITB so only plugin's are used all the way???????
Old 9th December 2006
Lives for gear

What we are talking about is ALL ITB with just plugs....
Old 9th December 2006
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Rezz View Post
No i'm not 100% sure , this one is an educated guess , some factors in my favour are , it was produced by Max Martin who has been using Serban Ghenea for his mixes and Serban is credited with mixing tracks on Pinks Album , so i'm doing a bit of Math here heh

I do not own the record ...
This song sounds nice for ITB mix...
Old 9th December 2006
Quote:

He's had a Sony Oxford (and a PCM 3348HR) in the basement of his house in (I think) Westchester, NY. (I don't know if he still uses that setup anymore.) A Sony sales rep took my former employer and myself up there when they were trying to sell us an Oxford back circa 2000.
Old 9th December 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Shepperd View Post
Serban's mixes are outstanding!
For my money, he is the best ITB guy out there.
Plus, he's Romanian... heh

I am Romanian...

I wanna grow up to be just like him!!
Old 9th December 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwy View Post
He's had a Sony Oxford (and a PCM 3348HR) in the basement of his house in (I think) Westchester, NY. (I don't know if he still uses that setup anymore.) A Sony sales rep took my former employer and myself up there when they were trying to sell us an Oxford back circa 2000.
And before the Oxford he had an SSL 4056 modified with the AT&T Disq digital mix core. It put a card on each channel of the SSL and picked up the recall information and sent it to the AT&T DSP which modeled everything the SSL would do. That way the audio never passed through the SSL and a computer would continiously record all of the recall movements. It makes it easier to recall because its just information(ala a digital mixer). It had a couple of EQ emulation curves to choose from(SSL E,G and Neve VR) almost like what the SSL Duende does.

Imagine having a 56 channel analog SSL to mix on and never actually using the analog circuits.
Old 9th December 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Rezz View Post
What we are talking about is ALL ITB with just plugs....
Why?

To me mixed ITB means mixed on a computer or a digital format that is not an analog console(which includes an analog summing solution as well).

Everyone uses some kind of outboard for something be it a reverb,compressor or EQ.
Old 9th December 2006
Gear Maniac

I think Let It Be Naked was re-mixed and mastered ITB. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 9th December 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Why?

To me mixed ITB means mixed on a computer or a digital format that is not an analog console(which includes an analog summing solution as well).

Everyone uses some kind of outboard for something be it a reverb,compressor or EQ.
When you say, "everyone uses some kind of outboard for something", what do you mean?
I have been mixing completely in the box for over 5 years and I don't use any outboard reverb, compressor or EQ's.
Old 9th December 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Why?

My understanding of the original post was ITB in the sense of totally in the box , no summing amps , no 2 tracks sent to a bus comp L/R before being printing, nothing in the chain except plugs doing the number crunching.....

Maybe the original poster can clarify but the examples i gave were for totally in the box as far as im aware...

Cheers
Old 9th December 2006
Here for the gear

guys, thank you for your replies. I meant totally ITB with no external gear.
Please, post here, if you'll find out something new about it.
Old 9th December 2006

just to be slightly awkward here for a moment: if you can't tell - does it matter?
Old 9th December 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
This song sounds nice for ITB mix...
Does this mean it sounds 'bad' compared to an OTB mix ? Or not as good ?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search