The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Audio Interface/ midi interface question
Old 7th December 2006
Here for the gear

Audio Interface/ midi interface question

Hi People

Firstly this Forum is a great tool for advice and opinions and I have been reading the threads and I m sure If I wasnt so Indecisive I would be posting this so lease forgive me:

I am upgrading my set up and need some GS advice please.

I mainly record Vocals, Acousic, Guitar, Keys , and am currently using G4, Motu 828, Logic. The Motu and the G4 cant cope anymore and are def on the way out and I thought it's time to upgrade. I also want a step up in sound qaulity.

I am mixing in Logic as its generally Project stuff and take to studio for mixing if needs be.

Now I need to make my mind which is on overload right now with all the possibilities and I really want to get the best for my needs and the money I have.

Bearing in Mind that I am keeping the following:

Focusrite ISA 220 with Digi board
AT 4060 (Vocals, Acoustic)
BM6A monitors
JV1080

This I am Upgrading Definates:

G4 to Mac pro 2 Ghz 2G ram (Will my AMT8 Midi interface work with Intels and OSX 10.4.7 using Logic 7) £1600
Logic 6 to Logic pro 7 £179.00

Motu 828 upgrade to? have around £800 for this

Metric Halo
FF800
or?

AS I have the ISA 220 what would be best for my needs?

I have a lot of old stuff on adat tape and would like to factor this in if I can.

Also Currently using a MAckie VLZ 24/4/2 for monitoring to speakers and when using the old LX20 adat.

any advice in changes would be very very much appreciated. I have very little time to make a decision
as my Motu is dying on me and holding me back right now from working on my project.

Thanks again

All the best

Last edited by novak73; 7th December 2006 at 10:17 PM.. Reason: Need More Gs advice then first thought ?
Old 7th December 2006
Gear Addict

I just unloaded my 24 i/o and topaz console and i too narrowed things down to these 2 pieces. I think i am going with the FF over the Metric. Not that I havnt heard the metric was a nice piece of gear, but there is just too much gushing over the price/quality of the FF around here to ignore it as a killer piece of gear. So, Im going with the FF I think....
their drivers and support edge out Metric I hear as well. Beating an Apogee in a blind shootout was most impressive as well...

good luck
Old 7th December 2006
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontierfran View Post
I just unloaded my 24 i/o and topaz console and i too narrowed things down to these 2 pieces. I think i am going with the FF over the Metric. Not that I havnt heard the metric was a nice piece of gear, but there is just too much gushing over the price/quality of the FF around here to ignore it as a killer piece of gear. So, Im going with the FF I think....
their drivers and support edge out Metric I hear as well. Beating an Apogee in a blind shootout was most impressive as well...

good luck
Thanks for the advice.

I have been very undecisive about this.

Beating Apogee n a blind shootout, wow!

What Apogee was it?

All the best
Old 7th December 2006
Gear Addict

the rosetta, i believe. do a search on GS....the long thread is on here somewhere. pretty interesting stuff. its sold me.
Old 7th December 2006
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontierfran View Post
the rosetta, i believe. do a search on GS....the long thread is on here somewhere. pretty interesting stuff. its sold me.
Just been reading it and its very interesting.

Cheers
Old 7th December 2006
Gear Nut

please post this link. there is just no way.
Old 7th December 2006
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pace View Post
please post this link. there is just no way.
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showthrea...setta+vs+FF800

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search