The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Searching for preamp combination to complete my setup 500 Series Preamps
Old 1st January 2015
Here for the gear
Searching for preamp combination to complete my setup

Hey!

Happy new year everybody!
I'm pretty new to this forum and I hope you guys can help me.
I'm about to move with my studio and want to improve my recording setup.

I already got 8x API 212l, 2x API512, 1x UA 610mkII and I'm pretty happy with that stuff. I am about to get two Neve 1073lb (Love them!) and maybe one Chandler TG2 but I want to have 16 channels in total so there are still two Preamps missing.

Any suggestions what could fit in that setup? I was thinking about a stereo/dual mono unit but I also got some space left in my lunchbox. Something not as coloured as the API and Neve stuff would be great.

These two units shouldn't go above 1.000 bugs if possible.
Any Ideas?
Old 1st January 2015
Gear Guru

a Sytek 4-channel would be a good choice, clean and fast
Old 1st January 2015
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
a Sytek 4-channel would be a good choice, clean and fast
thank you! anybody else?
Old 1st January 2015
Within your budget, check out the Warm Audio stuff. Outside of your budget, for clean, the Forssell SMP-2A. For versatility and subtle but desireable tube-based color, the Sonic Farm Creamer+, and for solid state versatility, the APA Juggernaut Twin.
Old 1st January 2015
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aural Endeavors View Post
Within your budget, check out the Warm Audio stuff. Outside of your budget, for clean, the Forssell SMP-2A. For versatility and subtle but desireable tube-based color, the Sonic Farm Creamer+, and for solid state versatility, the APA Juggernaut Twin.
Thank you for jumpin' in! Heard the Forssell just once, liked it though. Any idea about the price tag?
Maybe it's worth a try...
Old 1st January 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolibri_Ton View Post
Thank you for jumpin' in! Heard the Forssell just once, liked it though. Any idea about the price tag?
Maybe it's worth a try...
The lunchbox version is $795/ch I believe and the two-channel preamp is a little over $2K now? Anyways, always nice to have that level of "clean" in the mix. It's my favorite preamp for my R84 ribbons.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search