The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DBX 900 rack compression
Old 20th December 2003
Lives for gear

DBX 900 rack compression

Does anyone else make a compressor that fits the DBX 900 series racks ? I've got some 903's and 902 de-esser's but still have 2 spaces open. I bothered Mark at FMR years ago for a RNC compressor in a 900 series but I guess it never happenned. I've also heard of but never seen some guy making an 1178 type compressor and of course the Aphex modules but I've never seen or heard those either.

Rob
Old 20th December 2003
Lives for gear

I've got 4 of the Aphex EQs. They are very "in-your-face". Good air on top. Kind of hard, a tad like API.

Brian T
Old 21st December 2003
Lives for gear

I think you'd find the Aphex Expressor 9651 modules to be a great addition to your 903's. I've got a couple 903's and four Aphex 9651's. I still marvel that they could fit a fully featured compressor on such a small card.
Old 21st December 2003
Lives for gear

Not only will you find the Aphex 9651 Expressors to be a good fit in your 900 rack but also the 9301 Aphex Compellor will work as well.I have two 903's,two 9651's, and two 9301's along with three of the DBX EQ's.This makes for a very usable rack in a small area.
Old 21st December 2003
Lives for gear

How do you like those 905 EQ's, and what do you use them for? I've seen them for sale from time to time and have been tempted to pick up a couple.
Old 22nd December 2003
Lives for gear

I really like the 905's. I use them all the time, mostly as surgical devices.They're quite good at cutting frequencies.
Old 22nd December 2003
Here for the gear

aren't API 500-series modules compatible with the dbx 900-series racks as well? pretty sure I read that somewhere... if I'm wrong, someone please correct me... but if I'm right, why not try the API compressors?
Old 23rd December 2003
Lives for gear

I dont believe the pin-outs are the same and the power supplys differ also.Or I'd by God have a couple!! and conversely...This fact alone if it were true, would drive up the price of 900 series racks to unreachable numbers.
Old 23rd December 2003
Lives for gear

the Aphex modules are a bit power hungry...not too many can be used in a DBX rack....BTW...believe i still have a link module for those 903's
Old 3rd January 2004
Lives for gear

What do you mean a "link" module, what's that?
Old 4th January 2004
Lives for gear

stereo couple
Old 4th January 2004
Lives for gear

still the best de esser...the 902
Old 18th May 2006
Deleted User
What is the most number of Aphex modules you can hold in a rack as far as the power supply goes? Can you beef up the power supply on the DBX rack to power all 9 modules?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search