The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Schmidt & Wergin Consoles / Any Info about them?
Old 3rd December 2014
Lives for gear

Schmidt & Wergin Consoles / Any Info about them?

Hi slutz,

i have the opportunity to buy a schmidt & wergin Console. Anybody from you ever touched one of these? How is it build? How does it sound? I checked the console it needs some service and has a full tone... But it was not my listening environment...

Appreciate any Info.
Old 3rd December 2014
highend broadcast gear manufacturer. what's the age of the console? is it "zero ohm" technology? (all components balanced)
pictures?
found this:
WK III Audio: History

moved to "so much gear, so little time"
Old 3rd December 2014
Lives for gear

it is about 25-30 years.

i dont know if it is zero ohm, inputs are balanced else i dont know, the guy who is selling it is not a gear nerd, he used the console but has not that much background infos.

it is the second console from the top: WK III Audio: History
Old 3rd December 2014
WK III Audio: ID-STATION ah ok, that's a console with digital control over parameters.
I'm sorry I don't know much about those. But I do know I wouldn't pay a lot for that.
The broadcasters have moved on, and most ppl. mix inside the computer if digital.
Perhaps it sounds good, but if the brain fails you have a problem: so please inform first at the manufacturer if they still service it?
Old 3rd December 2014
Lives for gear

No it is not that Console...

take this link: WK III Audio: History

there are some photos of the history of the consoles this company has manufactured in black and white. It is the second console.

i atteched an picture.

it is fully analog and has a patchbay. it has some penny and giles faders... they are not cheap so i think they used good components, it has some 4558 and some ne 5534 opamps in it.

i would do the service on my own. i recapped and repaired some consoles and some gear. the console is working, all channels passes signal, only 1 is lower on the output else it works. i need to know how much was the initial price of this console? Are all of this manufacturer high quality or are some cheap and useless....???
Attached Images
Schmidt & Wergin Consoles / Any Info about them?-bild_2.jpg 
Old 4th December 2014
best to contact them, try find out. I guess. heh ask if it conforms to "Braunbuch" standards.
sounds like you know what you're getting into. please note there's other nice, big consoles around.
beautiful discrete Philips on german ebay, located in Berlin.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search