The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
bae 1073 single channel to fatten stereo mix downs.
Old 3rd December 2014
Gear Head

bae 1073 single channel to fatten stereo mix downs.

I have a bae 1073 mpf single channel on order. A lot of people like to buy the dual preamp to run their mix through to fatten it up and also mention that buying a second single channel will work because they are still closely matched....

I really have no need for 2 channels other than for running a mix through.... nobody seems to mention it but couldn't you just run your left side through then run your right side through the same preamp and then put them back together as a stereo mix? It would take an extra 5 minutes but would save a good bit of money.
Old 3rd December 2014
I personally would never processes something that I could not monitor(that would included processing L&R of a stereo mix separately), but of coarse such a thing "can" be done.
Old 3rd December 2014
Sorry for the mega postage... My internet is going wonky.
Old 3rd December 2014
I tried this with a single Avedis MA5 once.
It works but like above poster said its really best if you can monitor through them while mixing.
Old 3rd December 2014
I tried this with a single Avedis MA5 once.
It works but like above poster said its really best if you can monitor through them while mixing.
Old 3rd December 2014
Gear Head

I hope to own a second chanel when my budget allows. For now I'll just be running the single. Wish I had the EQ model but the filter should do me for now. I'll try my waves scheps 73 eq and v series for now. Hopefully they will have similar results. Thanks for the info guys!
Old 3rd December 2014
Gear Addict

I have run stereo mixes through a single vp28, when that was all i had available. It certainly works, but it's really a hassle to not being able to monitor the results before running the song through it twice. Also, i get better results mixing through a dual mono pair, than slapping it on as a last step.
Old 4th December 2014
Lives for gear

Line level through a pair of 1028 BAE eq is some serious stuff. We use an Equinox for summing and monitoring. Bananas.....
Old 4th December 2014
Lives for gear

A lot of reverbs and some delays have a lot of randomization in their algos. So they will never play back exactly the same twice and you would get reverbs with L and R compiled from different takes.

Then again, if that matters to you or not is a different story.

Just nitpicking a little
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search