The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sweetwater/Avid Counting Crows Pro Tools Sessions
Old 3rd December 2014
Lives for gear

Sweetwater/Avid Counting Crows Pro Tools Sessions

Hey everyone,

For those of you who weren't aware, this past June, Sweetwater and Avid released some full multitrack Pro Tools sessions of two songs from a live Counting Crows show. You can download them for free, and they are awesome tools to help improve your mixing skills.

With that being said, I was just messing around and decided to do a quick mix of both songs included in the download. Feel free to have a listen and let me know what you think of my mixing. I'm 16 years old and I mixed everything 100% in the box with basic plugins and no analog gear. These files are printed directly off my master bus in Pro Tools with no loudness maximizing of any kind. I left the vocal tracks out because Adam's mic has a ton of bleed from other sources.

Please post your mixes here as well, and big props to Sweetwater, Avid, and Counting Crows for releasing these to us.

Thanks,

-Owen

Here is the download link for anyone who is interested:

https://www.sweetwater.com/giveaway/...s-register.php
Old 3rd December 2014
Lives for gear

Here are the MP3s. The WAV files were too big to post.
Attached Files
Old 3rd December 2014
Lives for gear

Bump.
Old 4th December 2014
the kick and snare sound a bit too forward, kinda distracting when you're trying to listen to the rest of the song (Dial back the compression maybe?). The toms could use more meat and volume. The guitar on the left is a bit on the thin side. Not bad though.
Old 4th December 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralart View Post
the kick and snare sound a bit too forward, kinda distracting when you're trying to listen to the rest of the song
+ 1

The rest sounds a little tubby and separated too.

(And I mean this constructively, even though it probably comes across as criticism in type)

Quote:
big props to Sweetwater, Avid, and Counting Crows for releasing these to us.
+1 on this too

matt
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search