The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Focal spirit pro
Old 8th December 2014
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
I bought the Focal Spirit Pro model and they sounded good, but I returned them after a few days of testing because I needed headphones I could wear for long hours on a tour bus and they were far too painful on my ears after such a short time. I ended up buying both Sennheiser HD 650 and Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro models because I didnt have any time to waste. I dont know if they are technically better or worse than the Focal, but I do know they at least sound equally as good and perfectly serve my purposes. They can be worn for a long time before feeling uncomfortable and are accurate enough to get me close to a finished mix. My advice is to try before you buy!
Old 8th December 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidechained View Post
I bought the Focal Spirit Pro model and they sounded good, but I returned them after a few days of testing because I needed headphones I could wear for long hours on a tour bus and they were far too painful on my ears after such a short time. I ended up buying both Sennheiser HD 650 and Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro models because I didnt have any time to waste. I dont know if they are technically better or worse than the Focal, but I do know they at least sound equally as good and perfectly serve my purposes. They can be worn for a long time before feeling uncomfortable and are accurate enough to get me close to a finished mix. My advice is to try before you buy!
This is my experience too - I still have them in a box downstairs but they are uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time.
📝 Reply