The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Hd800 or room treatment Studio Headphones
Old 7th August 2014
Gear Maniac
Hd800 or room treatment

I am tempted to sell my sennheiser hd800 in favour of getting more room treatment. I am using the rme ucx headphone amp but before shelling out more money for a better amp, I feel I should abandon this pathway and get some more treatment and use my monitors more. Any thoughts?
Old 7th August 2014
Keep the phones and go the DIY route for treatment after spending quite a bit of time on the acoustics forums. I'm guessing you'll miss the 800s if you sell them.
Old 7th August 2014
Monitors are for mixing and headphones are for checking mixes, so yes! Tune your room, as a tuned room is one of the most important things to have. without a tuned room, you will not hear the true sounds of your music. You can never get a mix to translate its optimal best, if you cannot hear the true sound of the music. It only makes sense to treat and tune your room before doing anything else.

CJ
Old 7th August 2014
You can get amazing results with minimal investment if you DIY. I spent around 130 bucks (excluding tools) for 6 4x2 foot finished panels. The difference in my room is astounding. If I could get that much reward for investment with everything, I would spend that money over and over...
Old 7th August 2014
Lives for gear

Gik makes some great priced room solutions. As for the hd800 I would not sell mine. Those are the only headphones I feel I can get a good mix in
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search