The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Vintech,BAE, Neve, doubts Dual-Channel Preamps
Old 8th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainrule View Post
vintech aren't bad for the money
1272 isn't a preamp also 1073 and 1066 sound much different from 1081.
They aren't bad period. Also I would say that they're great for the money. Happy owner of both a Vintech 273 and a dual 72. No complaints. None.
Old 8th August 2014
Baz
Lives for gear

Do not judge GR by clips...As already stated. I don't find many pieces out there to be remarkable but the GR pres and EQ are desert island pieces.Make no mistake about it. My opinion only differs from Docs in that I'd say pair the MP1NV with the EQ1NV, not the Labs EQ. And no...regrettably I don't own either piece
Old 13th August 2014
Gear Maniac

Finally got a GR 1NV here on GS, have no received it yet.
Have in mind to get also the Bae, and an Audient 880 for clean preamps.
My guess now is that I found a 2 channel Bae preamp, but don't know if its worth two channels of this type of preamp,
Its useful for more things in the studio moreover vocals that require stereo or more than one channel, for example for recording guitar amps? Good for crunch or high gain distortion/metal the Bae or the River or none of them?
My guess is: got a second unit of Gr 1Nv and only one Bae
Or got a dual channel Bae a keep with only one River
Or got two channels of both,
Or any other better alternative like an Api lunchbox?

Thanks in advance.
Old 13th August 2014
Lives for gear
I have had a Vintech Dual 72 for over 10 years. It is the Blackface model with Carnhill transformers. I also have a LA-610mkll. I really like these pre's, and I am looking to add another specifically for vocals. I have been thinking about getting a BAE 1073. A few people on this thread stated that the Vintech and the BAE 1073 sound similar. Is it a worth even getting the BAE? Whatever pre I decide on, I will need to sell the Vintech to help fund the new purchase. The only reason I would sell the Vintech and not the LA-610 is that the LA-610 is still new to me. I just want to try something new. It's one of those "Just Because" purchases.

My mics are:
Pearlman TM-47
Neumann TLM 49
Neumann TLM 103

I like all of these mic's. They cover all the vocal duties that I have come across. I record mostly Rock/Blues and recently Jazz. Strictly for vocals, which of the pre's mentioned in this thread is worth my consideration. I would especially like to hear from Vintech Dual 72 owners.
Old 16th September 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagoausente View Post
Alternative?
This was tracked with all BAE 10 series preamps

Last edited by Salty James; 28th January 2015 at 06:04 PM..
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search