The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic X and Behringer X32 complete integration Control Surfaces
Old 14th June 2014
Here for the gear

Logic X and Behringer X32 complete integration

Hello there,

I was wondering whether anyone might be able to help me with this:

I have Logic pro X and a Behringer X 32 Producer. I would like to be able to use it as an audio interface and a control surface.
I think I may have watched all the youtube vids on this and still am stuck.

I am able to record into the X32 and then Logic accepts it and I can see all the Audio being recorded. However some problems:

1) Do I always need to change the routing(local 1-8 to card 1-8) on the X32 to hear what I've just recorded and not what is going on in the live room?
2)When I do listen back to what I've recorded it comes through on channels 1 and 2 and thats it. I have set up the control surface on logic to mackie control and they are corresponding with each other- I just can't hear anything! Also the gain/compressor/eq is still on channels one and two but I just want to hear a direct signal from logic and not re-effected by the X32.
3) When I do a mix on the X32 it comes in pre-fader on Logic. I have tried to change it to post fader but nothing happens.

I hope someone is able to understand what I'm going on about here!

I am very confused and would really appreciate someone taking the time to help me.

Look forward to hearing from someone!

John

PS
I have read the post on here about the person using a focusrite pres but didn't really help me as I want to use the pres on the X32 and it all to be as simple as possible for my simple brain. Also I put this on the Newbies thread as well so apologies if you've read it twice, just really want to get to the bottom of it before Monday! Cheers
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search