The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Is there a way to hook up a B80 to the new Mac Pro without buying anything from Avid?
Old 22nd May 2014
Here for the gear

Is there a way to hook up a B80 to the new Mac Pro without buying anything from Avid?

I would be interested in the Burl Audio B80 mothership but there doesn't seem to be a good way to interface it with the new Mac Pro without Pro Tools / Avid stuff. I don't like to use Pro Tools or like to deal with Avid or iLoks where humanly possible, and am willing to do a lot to avoid it. Any ideas?
Old 22nd May 2014
Gear Maniac

They have a madi version of the mothership also
Old 22nd May 2014
Here for the gear

How does that help?
Old 22nd May 2014
Gear Maniac

because you dont have to use any avid hardware with the madi connection
Old 22nd May 2014
Here for the gear

Oh - I see that in other threads people who speak for Burl have confirmed that people can use the MADI stuff from RME like the MDIface XT with the B80 without issue. Is that the option to which you are referring?

Thanks.
Old 22nd May 2014
Lives for gear

Yes, that's what he means. Get a MADI card or USB dongle and go nuts.
Old 23rd May 2014
Gear Maniac

Yeah that's what I meant. You can use the madi version with an RME interface. I have the Mothership which I use with an HD card. I highly recommend the mothership! It's an awesome ADDA
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search