The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NI does it again!!!
Old 31st October 2006
Gear Maniac

NI does it again!!!

Well as probably expected by many of you (but still hoped a little bit inside it wouldn't happen) NI has once again (4th or 5th time??) has delayed the universal binary versions of Kontakt 2, Guitar Rig, Reaktor etc. to November when they promised it to be released in October after delaying it already a couple of times. I suggest everyone to stop waiting and switch to another program that already is UB. These guys do not give a **** about their customers and cooperation companies like East West. For me they have lost complete credibility!!!!!
Old 31st October 2006
Lives for gear

Patience Grasshopper. You knew that you were moving ahead of the curve when you were one of the first to jump on the Intel mac bandwagon. The rest of us are waiting for just this sort of thing to be worked out first.

Old 31st October 2006
Gear Maniac

I know i knew before i bought a Macpro but still it does not justify NI making promises they cannot keep! Sometimes people do not mind waiting for something as long as they know how long they have to wait. It is honesty and being realistic as a company that makes the difference....
Old 31st October 2006
Gear Addict

what would be the point of having software come out on time, if it wasn't stable or ready? I mean if they release it, and it kept crashing on you, you wouldn't be any happier would you?

but I hear you at the same time, I'm so friggin impatient for these things as well.
Old 31st October 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Light View Post
what would be the point of having software come out on time, if it wasn't stable or ready? I mean if they release it, and it kept crashing on you, you wouldn't be any happier would you?

but I hear you at the same time, I'm so friggin impatient for these things as well.

thats right, but when did NI released a kontakt revision that was stable und bugfree? they pump it up with new gadgets and even more bugs....
Old 31st October 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shangoe View Post
thats right, but when did NI released a kontakt revision that was stable und bugfree? they pump it up with new gadgets and even more bugs....
Agreed, Kontakt 2 has it's days with Nuendo over here.
Old 31st October 2006
Lives for gear

yes, i am kontakt user since the day it came out. i stoped updating since 1.5. i am tired of upgrading and pay for the same bugs multiple times... so i learned to workaround that version and its ok.

i would like to hear from people here, if there are currently alternatives who are worth to talk about. there must be a small software company out there who can devellop a credible workhorse-sampler...
Old 31st October 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
yes, i am kontakt user since the day it came out. i stoped updating since 1.5. i am tired of upgrading and pay for the same bugs multiple times... so i learned to workaround that version and its ok.

i would like to hear from people here, if there are currently alternatives who are worth to talk about. there must be a small software company out there who can devellop a credible workhorse-sampler...
Here is my stupid workaround to avoid it crashing, I save after every modification !

But seriously it's not to unstable for me.
Old 31st October 2006
Gear Maniac

I totally agree on the fact that I prefer waiting longer and have a application which is more stable. But with NI it does not matter how long you wait because it is always will be buggy. So eventually when kontakt comes out (if it ever does) after all the delays it still will be full of bugs. I mainly need kontakt for my East West samples. I cannot understand why a company like East West lets the future of their company lie in the hands of NI. I mean so many people would like to buy their samples especially because their samples are on sale (coincidence??) but nobody buys them now because they cannot use them. So East West is losing money because of NI. I hope East West switches to another sampler format so i am not dependant of NI and their delays...
Old 31st October 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrone View Post
Well as probably expected by many of you (but still hoped a little bit inside it wouldn't happen) NI has once again (4th or 5th time??) has delayed the universal binary versions of Kontakt 2, Guitar Rig, Reaktor etc. to November when they promised it to be released in October after delaying it already a couple of times. I suggest everyone to stop waiting and switch to another program that already is UB. These guys do not give a **** about their customers and cooperation companies like East West. For me they have lost complete credibility!!!!!

Hmm i dont care much about kontakt etc,buuuut reaktor is my love and i really dont know other programms with that abilities.
Old 31st October 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:

Exactly. NI has really lost it IMO. They release new products instead of making the ones they have work. I wouldn't be surprised if in a couple of months this update just dissapears and you are expected to buy Kontakt 3.....

Don't even get me started on NI though....I own everything they make....yet I'll never buy anything again...I'm such a sucker

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search