The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
500$-1000$ Studio Monitors
Old 10th April 2014
I don't know ECM if you have any contract or deal with Adam Audio to defend F series till death, but you should have a minimum of respect for everyone's opinion, you look like the typical who have bought a product and needs to satisfy itself thinking he has bought the best. Like most of the people I know which have tested the 3 common monitors we are talking (Yammis, Adam, JBL), Adam are by far the less detailed and the most coloured monitors and of course that Focal CMS series DESTROY in every term the Adam F7, and probably the Alpha series will do the same. Yamaha are not the most detailed monitors in the world (we are talking about +- 500โ‚ฌ monitors) but their linear response is pretty awesome to work with, and the JBL's are in the same sound style, a little bit more mid-forward and boomy IMO, but as good to tracking and mix.
Old 10th April 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL_HERALDO View Post
I have tested the 3 and I prefer the HS7. Where do you get them for 330โ‚ฌ?????
Thomann, it was a returned pair, so my bad...actual price is 390Euro
Old 10th April 2014
Quote:
I don't know ECM if you have any contract or deal with Adam Audio to defend F series till death, but you should have a minimum of respect for everyone's opinion, you look like the typical who have bought a product and needs to satisfy itself thinking he has bought the best. Like most of the people I know which have tested the 3 common monitors we are talking (Yammis, Adam, JBL), Adam are by far the less detailed and the most coloured monitors and of course that Focal CMS series DESTROY in every term the Adam F7, and probably the Alpha series will do the same. Yamaha are not the most detailed monitors in the world (we are talking about +- 500โ‚ฌ monitors) but their linear response is pretty awesome to work with, and the JBL's are in the same sound style, a little bit more mid-forward and boomy IMO, but as good to tracking and mix.
Ok so let's those Focal Alpha reviews to flow !
Old 10th April 2014
ECM
Gear Addict
Quote:
I do, this is why I always say always make your own thoughts, but your post is kinda of like what I would say to you, because you think your own thoughts are the only one that are real and the same for others. I don't think the CMS better than F7, find the F series better but I also think others are better than CMS50 in this lower price region, even the HS7, does that mean others have those thoughts? no, just like your thoughts are different, I personally don't like that style of monitor, but thats me and others. But then you say they will distory the F7 like the Alpha, just makes your post sound like they are, that you don't like a monitor, so you bash it and make it sound useless , when it has nothing to do with reality, only your personal thoughts on what you like for your taste. Like what you said about the Yamaha and JBL, different style of sound, remember, your not the only person in the world, people have different tastes and like something different than what you like. (And see my posts I said what the CMS is like from my thoughts but also said some people like that >>>)

Remember we are talking about monitors here, which are very personal and you can't base your own thoughts as the only truth just because you like some monitors for your taste, and others not. I don't own them but tested them many times as many others monitors, infact where I work we sell allot of brands and most come out and pick the F7 as the most detailed and accurate in that price region, just like the reviews agree, but read my posts and you will see I always recommend people test monitors before buying, see with your post your trying to get someone to buy the monitor you like just because you like it the most, this is not the way to go when buying monitors, you need to test them before making any conclusions.
Old 11th April 2014
I'm sure I can't get wrong either with Yammaha HS7, Equator D5's, Adam A7's, JBL's or maybe 2-3 more in this price range...I just wanna know what is the most suited for electronic (and only electronic) music production...and the ideea of a sub doesnt attract me at all...I would like some nice monitors to work on at ...middle volumes (I dont like the music to scream out loud when I produce) the most important thing is to find the best monitors to work with and my mix to translate well on other systems...the saddest part is that I'm not able to make auditions...it would be way more easy to pick the "right" ones...
Old 11th April 2014
ECM
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by midio View Post
I'm sure I can't get wrong either with Yammaha HS7, Equator D5's, Adam A7's, JBL's or maybe 2-3 more in this price range...I just wanna know what is the most suited for electronic (and only electronic) music production...and the ideea of a sub doesnt attract me at all...I would like some nice monitors to work on at ...middle volumes (I dont like the music to scream out loud when I produce) the most important thing is to find the best monitors to work with and my mix to translate well on other systems...the saddest part is that I'm not able to make auditions...it would be way more easy to pick the "right" ones...
Usually the Adams & Yamaha's people find better for electronc music.
Old 11th April 2014
I thought that Yamaha is more suited for rock, acoustic, vocals kind of stuff...as I'm not using any kind of rock sounds...(i mean quitars and stuff, real drums, vocals) i work only with samples and VST instruments...I would like to know which brand is more suited for that kind of frequencies I was expecting that maybe maybe similar producers will share their experiences regardin good monitors in this price range for this kind of stuff...for now I'm thinking at Adam F7 and JBL LSR 308 maybe...but I'm tempted to wait for the Focal Alpha to show up with some reviews...
Old 11th April 2014
Jai guru deva om

I don't think I would categorize Yamaha as a just this or that style speaker. However for deeper bass response you would definitely want the 8" HS8. The crazy thing is that compared side by side we found the HS8 to also deliver a clearer and more present midrange vs the smaller HS7. Also the HS8 "hits" good with impact, where the HS7 doesn't deliver the same kind of punch.

Go with the 8".
Old 11th April 2014
So the HS8 would be better than Adam F7?
Old 12th April 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
So the HS8 would be better than Adam F7?
HS8 is different beast (8"woofer - there is many opinions, that 8" woofer in 2-way monitor = poorer midrange). So You should comparing HS7 to F7 ... to Focal Alpha 65 ... to Behringer 3030.
Old 12th April 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
The crazy thing is that compared side by side we found the HS8 to also deliver a clearer and more present midrange vs the smaller HS7.
Hard to believe ... but I dont say: "You are lying"
Old 12th April 2014
Ordered the Adam F7's, lets see how they rock
Thanks everyone for the help !
Old 12th April 2014
Lives for gear
for that price definately go used
Old 17th April 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
I'm planning to buy my first studio monitors and I need your help ...
I produce electronic music and hip hop beats (no vocals, no acoustic instruments) I have a max budget of 1000$, but i would prefer to buy something near 500$/pair
I was thinking at Event 20/20 Bas v3 or something similar or maybe KRK....I'm really newbie at this so please help me out to make my pick
I do have these speakers for sale for $500.00 plus shipping purchased from AMS if interested.
Old 20th April 2014
Here for the gear

Midio let me know how they work out, i am looking to buy some speakers around this same price range and would like to know if you are happy with them

Also, subs aren't necessary with the Adams 7 for electronic music? Or is it just personal pref?
๐Ÿ“ Reply