The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
the Rack Tom Mic thread Condenser Microphones
Old 15th March 2014
Gear Addict

for the love of god, subscribe subscribe subscribe...
Old 18th March 2014
Here for the gear

Does anyone have experience using the Audio Technica AE3000's?
Old 18th March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torr666 View Post
Does anyone have experience using the Audio Technica AE3000's?
Yes , i have a pair . Cool mics that really can take a beating and is great for all places where you want a condenser to deal with high spl .
I want more punch and i find 57`s and 421`s better . The ae3000 would be great for less agressive toms.
Old 18th March 2014
I apologize for not doing my due diligence & scouring this thread first, but I've got to say that Telefunken M80's make killer tom mics. Really directional, so bleed is fairly minimal and they sound really finished right off the bat [if the tom is tuned well/nice]. Also, +1 to anyone who has thrown the Josephson e22's into the ring. Those mics are incredible on toms for some reason. They sound finished right off the bat. Love it. I LOVE RECORDING

Brad Dollar
San Francisco Bay Area Recording Engineer Mixer Producer
Old 3rd August 2014
Lives for gear
Great thread-

Has anyone done a little more of a shootout of the 181's or atm450's as a poor mans e22s? It would be great to hear anyones thoughts in a direct comparison...have been using m179's and like the sound if only they can go a tad sizzly sometimes. Also they aren't that durable and would rather move to something smaller and more protected.

I'd love to grab 4x e22s' but I've actually got a pair of C700A's and don't think the 22's would get a ton of use on other things around here at this point, which makes the price a little high. Sure would love to hear the all-star josephson drumset (700A's OH, E22s toms/snare, maybe a 715 FOK...).
Old 6th August 2014
GAS
Gear Head

The combo I like the best for modern sounds: e22 on top and a blend of a dynamic underneath.
Old 7th August 2014
Gear Nut

the cad m179 do a fabulous job for the price
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search