The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Help me choose monitors - Focal, Eve, Dynaudio... Studio Monitors
View Poll Results: Which Monitors?
Focal CMS40
2 Votes - 10.00%
Dynaudio DBM50
3 Votes - 15.00%
EVE SC205
15 Votes - 75.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6th March 2014
Gear Head

Help me choose monitors - Focal, Eve, Dynaudio...

Hey

I had Focal CMS 40 for few months for test and now I had to return them.
I want to buy some new monitors and I can't decide wich one get.
I don't have an opportunity to test them in some store etc.

I loved focals but there was little think that was bothering me. I'm usually mixing rock/metal music with lots of compression etc.
Many productions seems to be really smashed, distorted, overcompressed while listening to the same music on some headphones or other music gear mix was ok.

I'm thinking of getting pair of monitors around 600-700$
Focal CMS40, Dynaudio DBM50, EVE Audio SC205 or maybe something else?
Old 6th March 2014
Gear Head

anyone?
Old 12th March 2014
Gear Head

bump2 :D
Old 12th March 2014
ECM
Gear Addict
You should remove the CMS40, they cannot compete with the other two, would be more fair to put the CMS50 on there. CMS40 are a highly mobile monitor which do not reproduce low frequencies or push no where near the output levels of the other two (And they also have a much more boxy/closed sound)

I'd take the SC205 myself but you may like the dynaudio's better. You could also add the Adam F5's and JBL LSR305.
Old 13th March 2014
Gear Head

hmmm maybe youre right, woofer is too small comparing to dynaudio
Old 13th March 2014
Gear Addict

Out of those monitors I've only heard the Eve SC205, which sounded impressive. It always surprises me that Eve Audio isn't mentioned here that often.
Old 13th March 2014
Gear Head

i'll burn CD wiith some music and go to the local store where SC205 is. Unfortunately theres no store with DBMs :(
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Out of those monitors I've only heard the Eve SC205, which sounded impressive. It always surprises me that Eve Audio isn't mentioned here that often.
+1
Old 17th March 2014
Gear Head

gotta check them out these days
Old 21st March 2014
Here for the gear

EVE sc205 vs Equator d5 vs Monkey Banana Turbo5 ?

How does Eve sc205 compare to Equator D5 and Monkey Banana Turbo 5 anyone? Eve is just a little more costly that D5 in my place and Turbo 5 is the most costly of the 3.. I dont know which to buy too.. I can only do a basic room treatment in my room..
Old 21st March 2014
Here for the gear

All I know is that my Eve Audio SC205's have superb imaging and are in my view have been game changers for my mixes.

I'm involved in mixing commercial releases and remixes for the likes of Pop Will Eat Itself, Space and others and the Eve's are just so revealing. The imaging is fantastic and they do not fatigue me. The low end is very well controlled and the Ribbon tweeters are not fatiguing like say the Adams, which I find give me a headache after an hour even a low SPL's. All in all the Eve's are starting to gain the recognition they deserve. I know several studios adopting the Eve's and I don't think I have heard a negative comment about them from anyone. I'm looking to get the SC307's next year as I'm renovating my studio and it growing in size.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search