The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Casio CTK-4200 or Yamaha PSR-E243
Old 16th February 2014
Here for the gear

Casio CTK-4200 or Yamaha PSR-E243

there are two keyboards I decided to use and would like you to tell me what you think of it

Casio CTK-4200 Casio CTK-4200 61-key Portable Arranger | Sweetwater.com

or

Yamaha PSR-E243 61-key Portable Arranger Yamaha PSR-E243 61-key Portable Arranger | Sweetwater.com

I've actually found out that the difference between these two is that Yamaha sounds more natural piano and acoustic while the Casio sounds more virtual and plastic when it comes to piano. I was planning to use midi keyboard controller for the purpose of playing through vsti plugin using Daw, but since these two are portable and have USB port, I can use it to play with or without daw, which makes my life so much easier.

Main difference between these Two

Yamaha: No Sequencer, has midi port in/out
Casio: Has Sequencer, No midi port in/out (just has USB)

What I would like to ask

1. I am actually planning to mainly play instruments such as guitar, bass, drum and piano using the keyboard through Daw. For example, does the quality of sound for virtual guitar depend on the keyboard or does it depend on the good vsti plugin?

2. Which of these two would you recommend?

thank you
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search