The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Upgrade CMS50 to what? (playing and listening mostly)
Old 15th February 2014
Gear Addict
Upgrade CMS50 to what? (playing and listening mostly)

I've been using my Focal CMS50 monitors for both serious listening and playing my instruments. I don't do tracking/mixing currently. I like active nearfield monitors as I do most of my listening at my desk and don't want the inconvenience of an outboard amp. I would like to upgrade to something that is a good monitor for general listening (with a good usb dac) but has more low-end (bigger woofer) and is better at everything than the focal cms50. I thought about the 65s, but I don't think they are much of an upgrade. I don't like overly hyped or overly bright speakers with harsh highs. I like something that is accurate but also not difficult to listen to (too revealing) for enjoyment purposes. I've been eyeing the Twins, BM6A, Opals, KH 310, PMC. Budget is aprox 3-4k.

What would you recommend as a significant upgrade that is good for listening for pleasure /playing and not just mixing?
Thanks
Aqua
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search