The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
apollo twin 2 inputs, and 2 sound module dilemma
Old 15th February 2014
Gear Addict

apollo twin 2 inputs, and 2 sound module dilemma

I currently have a steinberg mr816 csx. I would really like to move to an apollo twin, but with only 2 inputs I can't see how to connect both a Roland integra 7, and a ds prophet 12. I can't afford an apollo duo at the moment. So I would appreciate ideas about possible solutions to this dilemma that doesn't required throwing money at it.
Old 15th February 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crandak View Post
I currently have a steinberg mr816 csx. I would really like to move to an apollo twin, but with only 2 inputs I can't see how to connect both a Roland integra 7, and a ds prophet 12. I can't afford an apollo duo at the moment. So I would appreciate ideas about possible solutions to this dilemma that doesn't required throwing money at it.
Does the Steinberg have a standalone mode?

The Apollo Twin has optical in for additional channels, and the Steinberg has optical outs. So you can use it to add inputs to the Apollo Twin.

But only if the Steinberg has a standalone mode.
Old 15th February 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diastro View Post
Does the Steinberg have a standalone mode?

The Apollo Twin has optical in for additional channels, and the Steinberg has optical outs. So you can use it to add inputs to the Apollo Twin.

But only if the Steinberg has a standalone mode.
Thanks for the response. I found this in the mr816 user manual, "You can use the mr816 as a standalone mixer, or a/d-d/a convertor without the use of a computer after the necessary settings on the mr editor, and in cubase have been completed."
The manual stops there, and unfortunately doesn't say what the necessary settings are, but after digging around a bit it does seem people are using the mr816 in standalone mode.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search