The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 vs Roland Quad-Capture vs Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 Question
Old 15th February 2014
Deleted User #281944
Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 vs Roland Quad-Capture vs Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 Question

Hello I have had my mind & $300 on the Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 after listening to it compared to an Apogee Duet. I shall give reasons why I liked it.

focusrite saffire pro 24 vs. apogee duet (converters shoot-out)

1. The famous award winning preamps
2. The LED lights to check how loud I am since my laptop will be out of sight
3. Electrical outlet powersource & power off button
& I heard they have good ADA converters

I didn't find out till today that I actually don't have a firewire laptop so that's a bummer. But I still have the $300. Now I started with a Presonus USB AudioBox & I am getting it repaired so in a way I am using it as an excuse to upgrade a little. I talked to a guy at guitar center & asked "Say if you have a Neve 1073 & run it through an Presonus Audiobox would it make a difference if you were to run it through a RME Fireface UCX?" & he said definitely because of the converters.

I was looking at the Roland Quad-Capture & Focusrite Scarlett 6i6

Roland Quad-Capture | Sweetwater.com

Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 | Sweetwater.com

& I figured for the price I get the LED lights & preamps I know nothing about.

My experience with the Presonus USB Audiobox was okay. The light would always flicker a little & when the volume from my headphones or microphone would raise the power light would flicker. It isn't like it stopped working but would make me feel unsure about the thing. The reason it is getting repaired(pro coverage) is because it started clipping TOO easily. Like you know it would already clip easily? It started clipping strumming an acoustic neutrally. So that being said it makes me feel like my two condenser microphones need extra power from an electrical outlet than only USB(since the light would flicker).

Now lets talk about what I am considering & if you could help me decide.

IMO. 1) What I like about the Roland Quad-Capture is the LED lights, good converters, preamps & from the reviews someone said it wouldn't clip so easy.

*I have a fully modded GAP PRE-73(only 1 of them)
So that means I'd like to have an interface with PRES sounding as good as the Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 to be used to mic priority 2 of my acoustic guitar(hey it's what I got!).

IMO. 2) What I like about the Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 is that it is electrical outlet powered + has a power button & the preamps. The only problem is that I have read that it(along with the 2i2 & 2i4) clips too easily. & that is an issue I would rather not have to deal with in an interface.

So you see why I would like Roland Quad-Capture. Given the information I provided would anyone help lead me in a direction for my needs & wants from personal experience. I would go as high as $350 but for what I need right now the higher end stuff can wait.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search