The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mic Preamp Shootout (Acoustic Guitar)
Old 15th February 2014
Gear Maniac

Mic Preamp Shootout (Acoustic Guitar)

I posted this on another thread but I thought I would open a new one seeing that I think many of you would be interested. This is a microphone preamp shootout I did when I was shopping for my last preamp. I only had acoustic guitar on hand and used a new U87. The levels might not match so if you are absolutely interested I can send you the stems.

The preamps in this shootout are the API 512, BAE DMP, Chandler Little Devil, Chandler Germ Mk II, Daking Mic Pre 500, LaChapelle 583, Neve 517 500 series

https://soundcloud.com/travis-fitzsi...reamp-shootout

ps- please excuse my playing as I had no intention of posting this on Gearslutz.
Old 15th February 2014
Lives for gear

Cool post Travis, I really enjoyed listening. FWIW, the Daking impressed me most and my 2nd fave was the Neve after you push the gain up a bit.

The other clips are all usable of course but the Daking really shines IMO.

BTW, I really dig your track titled Ambient.
Old 15th February 2014
Gear Maniac

Hey Turbo, I appreciate you listening and the compliment! A year and a half ago I ended up getting the Chandler Germ MK II. Still a great pre. Chandler just came out with the TGII pre in 500 series format which is very interesting. No affiliation fyi.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search