The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Digital recorders fx channels
Old 13th February 2014
Digital recorders fx channels

Ok recently a buddy of mine has loaned me his Korg d16 and while I haven,t hooked it up yet( I am building a stand for it) I was wondering if there were any other recorders with these specs out there.

The Korg D16 has 8 inputs and 4 outputs. each channel can have its own fx, plus 2 fx on send /return and a fx on the master outs.

SO is there another digital recorder out there with similar specs?
Old 14th February 2014
Uumm maybe this is not the right place to ask such a question
Old 15th February 2014
Lives for gear
not necessarily wrong place just not entirely sure of what to reply

Had (& possibly still have) a D16 . . . can't remember ever using on board Fx . . . not for any particular reason as I did & do enough lo-fi stuff that bricasti/iconic fx are far from mandatory

Currently do have a Zoom R16 it also has a pallet of low-rent Fx about which I also am unable to comment

still have a Roland R9 it had/has reverb, think I used it primarily as 'b' playback for comparison with non verb 'a'

so not particularly unusual for a fx chip to be bolted to a circuit board somewhere. degree of usability, due not merely to quality of fx but ease of use, depends very much on individual using them, scope of project on which they're used
Old 15th February 2014
Thanx for replying.

Yeah I wasn't expecting spectacular fx from the digital recorders but more or less just a lil extra. After using the d16 I am not too impressed. As with all Korg products that I have used the user interface never makes sense and is complex. However I know Korg fx are usually pretty sweet so it may still be worth digging into.

But due to the fact that this is a used recorder it had some problems. Channels 4 and 7 was not working. After taking it apart, I discover that channel 4 is missing a capacitor and channel 7 gain pot was coming loose.

I am actually back to looking at usb mixers instead of going the recorder route. I might just hold off for awhile all together as I need to pay off some crap before adding more crap :-)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search