The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Is the Lexicon LXP1 still worth for live vocals ?
Old 12th February 2014
Here for the gear

Is the Lexicon LXP1 still worth for live vocals ?

Is this little box still worth for live vocals, please ?
Thanks
;-)
Old 13th February 2014
Here for the gear

Would any owner of this little box help me ??? Please !!
Old 14th February 2014
Lives for gear

I had one and the answer is a definitive Yes. They are great units with a rich and lush sound. Perfect for live vox.
Old 14th February 2014
Here for the gear

I have two of them and a Midi Remoter controller. They're a classic little box that sounds better than they have a right to. The switches are getting a little funky on one of them, but a little exercising usually keeps it alive. Get one if you can find one cheap.
Old 14th February 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by numero6 View Post
I had one and the answer is a definitive Yes. They are great units with a rich and lush sound. Perfect for live vox.
I agree 100%

Face of the son - YouTube
Old 14th February 2014
Lives for gear

If you like it, use it, own it, make it your thing. Don't let anyone on here tell you if it is good enough or not.

Tim
Old 14th February 2014
Gear Addict

Still use mine and love it. can be had pretty cheap if you look around.

Cheers,
MVee.
Old 14th February 2014
KEL
Lives for gear

Great box.
Old 14th February 2014
Old 15th February 2014
Lives for gear

If the sound works for you go for it, like everything else some times it's right, sometimes it's not.
But it's a great little reverb for very little coin .
Old 15th February 2014
Gear Nut
Gear with knobs and no screens. Mine still gets a lot of use simply because it is so easy to turn the knobs until I hear something interesting. The MRC controller really opens the LXP series up even more. It sounds good too. Know that many have scratchy pots, might need some maintenance to get them cleaned.

No-brainer for a first reverb.
Old 15th February 2014
Here for the gear

I wanna thank everyone for your answers. I bought one yesterday and tried it live last night !!! This box sounds great for sure !!!
What are your favorite presets ? Yesterday I didn't have much time so I used the Plate B which sounded great !! Any advice for the settings of the delay and the decay ?
Thanks very much
Old 16th February 2014
Lives for gear

If I recall they initially were made it to be a complement for the fancy Lexicon products such as the 480L for studios who wanted an additional and simple reverb. I sold mine thinking I would only use plugins but I miss it. The Plates are my favorite presets.
Old 16th February 2014
Lives for gear
I have had some experience with this unit. It is fine for live vocals and studio use.
Old 16th February 2014
Lives for gear

Love the Halls on vocals. But the plates practically live on my snare's direct out.
The MRC really unlocks the LXP's potential.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search