The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
upgrading mic and pre
Old 15th February 2014
Lives for gear

Okay so I have used, owned, or own most if not all of the gear mentioned with the wa76 on its way here Tuesday.
Honestly (in case you thought I wanted to lie to you-dumb expression) I think you would be pretty content with the Tb12 or the wa12 and a oktavamodded 319 or aa cm47. I like the comp 54 but if I only had one I'm not sure that's what i'd want.
I am 95% done on my first gssl. If you like gear more than likely getting into the world of diy is mind blowing and probably taught me more about audio than recording bad bands in my basement when I had first started out ever did. I had come across a half of a kit for cheap and had to source the rest but it was well worth the incredibly interesting reading and rewarded me with an education I consider to be priceless. But Damn it was hard at times.
Another option to think of is a chameleon labs 7602 followed by the 7720. That way you have a decent pre with an amazing eq (and it really is amazing) and a cool stereo bus comp that is also good for vocal work. I use a modded 7602 or a wa12 with an aa cm47 then through the comp 54, or vla II,or dbx 160 or 7720 all the time with great results. All of which can be bought under your budget.

Last edited by omnialinx; 15th February 2014 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: typo
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search