The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Beesnees CK12 vs Tim Campbell capsule
Old 6th February 2014
Beesnees CK12 vs Tim Campbell capsule

Anyone with experience care to comment on these capsules? I know there is lots of love for Tim's capsule and so little info on Ben's Beesneez CK12.

I know Ben makes all these by hand "The capsules ....They are all hand built, including turning our own brass, plastic and also diaphragm sputtering. and they are identical to an original AKG CK12 in every way. They can even be swapped into an original AKG C12/C24/Ela M 251, as all mounting screws are the same.

Thanks
Old 6th February 2014
Lives for gear

The BeesNeez CK12 is a very recent addition, so not many will be out there, yet.
I'm as eager to hear one as you are (I already have Tim's version BTW), but I have little doubt it will be outstanding.
Ben has a reputation for making great capsules and the K12 was no exception. But he did go the extra mile to turn it into an even more historically accurate CK12.

Henk
Old 7th February 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by legato View Post
The BeesNeez CK12 is a very recent addition, so not many will be out there, yet.
I'm as eager to hear one as you are (I already have Tim's version BTW), but I have little doubt it will be outstanding.
Ben has a reputation for making great capsules and the K12 was no exception. But he did go the extra mile to turn it into an even more historically accurate CK12.

Henk
Thanks Henk, any others? Apparently I read the Beesneez has the same sound as their other C12 capsule, any one ever used that one?
Old 7th February 2014
Gear Guru

Wow I'd like to hear about this, too. I'm thinking about a 251 build.
Old 7th February 2014
Gear Maniac

The TC capsule will be far more consistent (much better qc) than the beez, my experience with the beez is that there is a couple of good ones and a lot of other ones etc

There is a reason why many top microphone brands and enthusiasts choose TC capsule as first choice.
Old 7th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Mixwell View Post
The TC capsule will be far more consistent (much better qc) than the beez, my experience with the beez is that there is a couple of good ones and a lot of other ones etc

There is a reason why many top microphone brands and enthusiasts choose TC capsule as first choice.
I would agree that Tim sets the standard when it comes to new CK12 capsules. But in all fairness, The BeesNeez CK12 is just out, so it really is too soon to say it won't touch Tim's.
Also, due to its complex nature, it's the one capsule that Ben does personally at all cost. So there's the advantage of CNC on the one hand and the single expert's hand tuning on the other. Especially this combination should guarantee consistency of such a delicate capsule.

Parts & Accessories - Beesneez CK12 Microphone Capsule - BeesNeez Microphones on-line shopping

Henk
Old 7th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by legato View Post
I would agree that Tim sets the standard when it comes to new CK12 capsules. But in all fairness, The BeesNeez CK12 is just out, so it really is too soon to say it won't touch Tim's.
Also, due to it's complex nature, it's the one capsule that Ben does personally at all cost. So there's the advantage of CNC on the one hand and the single expert's hand tuning on the other. Especially this combination should guarantee consistency of such a delicate capsule.

Parts & Accessories - Beesneez CK12 Microphone Capsule - BeesNeez Microphones on-line shopping

Henk

I agree with your post wholeheartedly Henk. When you combine hand tuning with incredibly accurate CNC machines, you have consistency.

I would never make this capsule comparison anything personal and would appreciate it if you all would bear this in mind. Tim Campbell is a great guy and a friend of mine, he makes a world class capsule that has and will stand the test of time.

I need it to be said, this isn't the new capsule. We have been making k12 and ck12 capsules for ours and others microphones for almost 5 years eg: the Phelicity and the T2! The only difference is now; we have enough machinery to produce enough of these to offer them freely in the market place for DIY use at a more reachable price point.

Our accuracy I feel many others would struggle to equal. We have invested both time and money to ensure our capsules are perfect in every way. Our K7, K6, K8 and M7 are considered by many and have been recognized as among the best in the world, the CK12 will be no different.
Old 24th February 2014
Gear Maniac

Hoping to hear some samples of both
Old 24th February 2014
Lives for gear

Thanks for chiming in, Ben.

To avoid confusion, could you please describe the difference between your k12 and ck12?

Henk
Old 30th January 2017
Lives for gear

Ben's capsule is keenly priced! Free shipping too. I'm keeping him in mind should I need one...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search