The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
AML Pultec Kit - Chandler TC and the rest
Old 29th January 2014
AML Pultec Kit - Chandler TC and the rest

Hello,

I had a dilemma.

So i am looking fro my first EQ (eventually stereo) and I am looking for a Pultec sound, but not specifically.

I have experience with DIY stuff so once I saw the AML Pultec kit and was very impressed. I have to build one eventually. I only have experience with the sound from plug-ins and I use them a lot.

The other option that catch my eye was the Chandler Tone Control. besides the fact that I have been lusting for a chandler unit for a while, I found it has a similar idea to the pultec BUT!, separate Frequencies on the Low End to boost or cut. In the High Mids, and Highs you can Boos or Cut as well, big plus.
It is a passive section in the Lows and the Highs it is an active.

I make (Personally) Electronic/80s-disco music but I do record bands/friends , etc.

for converters I have an Symphony 8x8.

For preamps I have a lunchbox with 2x CAPI VP28 and on the way its a Heritage 73JR

--Also, has anyone heard the Manley enhanced Pultec EQ? goes for (2200 $) I guess...I just found about it recently and I haven't read too much.

Well Thanks in advance.

Eddie
Old 29th January 2014
Lives for gear

Having a 500 system, you might read up on the Analog Allstars kit. I built one in a hotel room just yesterday in a matter of hours. I haven't heard it yet, so no report there. There are plenty of comments from others about sound to be found.
Old 30th January 2014
Actually I have!

I saw pictures and they look amazing. I am just not sure, I was looking for a 19" unit for now since I am populating the 500 series case with Preamps.

I read about the A Designs PEQ too.

Eddie
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search