The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
London Instrument Hire/Rental?
Old 17th October 2006
Lives for gear

London Instrument Hire/Rental?

Hey everybody,
My band is touring England for a couple of weeks, November 2nd-12th, and we need some gear. We need a drum kit (4 piece, 20 or 22" kick, rack and floor toms, snare, with hardware), bass amp, and guitar amp (Fender, something bluesy). We are open to all suggestions, have credit cards or cash, would be happy to put the money in somebodies pocket vs. a company (you never know).
Help!
David
Old 17th October 2006
Lives for gear

FX rentals, they should be able to help you out 020 8746 2121 is their number, open 24/7.

regards

Roland
Old 17th October 2006
Gear Guru

Hey I posted the same thing (kind of)... Take a look and maybe this will help. If you find anything more please let me know. We will be in the UK in Dec

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/89811-london-gear-dealer-help.html

Glenn
Old 17th October 2006
As mentioned on that other thread, John Henry's is probably the place most bands rent gear from. http://www.johnhenrys.com/
They've been doing it for many, many years and provide stuff to big name acts, as well as small independants.
FX Rentals are another good company, for live I would go with John Henry's though.
The best drums in town come from Drum Hire (Mike Udell).
Again, he services all the biggest drummers in the biz. He's a sweet guy too.
If it were me, I would get drums from him: www.drumhire.com
But if you are looking for a one stop shop (they have rehearsal rooms too), I would definitely go with John Henry's.
Old 18th October 2006
Lives for gear

I second johnhenry's. it's the first choice for touring bands. FX rentals are great (££) but try johnhenry first

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search