The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Budget recording setup for speech...
Old 17th October 2006
Gear Maniac

Budget recording setup for speech...

Hi,

A coworker of mine is looking to purchase a computer-based system to record spoken instructions. He is interested in podcasting, and he has minimal experience with audio recording.

With ease-of-use in mind, I suggested a Mac iBook, Garage Band, a Blue Snowball USB mic, and some phones... Unfortunately, his company will not support the use of Apple computers.

I have been thinking about some kind of Pro Tools M-Powered PC setup. However, something like that would probably be overkill, more expensive, and complicated for him to use right away.

Is there a PC-equivalent for Garage Band? What would you recommend for an easy-to-use PC-based recording setup? Thanks!
Old 17th October 2006
Lives for gear

I don't know anything about podcasting but I happened to read this 5 minutes ago:

http://www.eqmag.com/story.asp?storycode=15954

Maybe an option for your friend.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search