The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
K2 Impressions
Old 17th October 2006
K2 Impressions

Is anyone else not so impressed with the K2?? I am in some ways, but something just seems off about this mic.
Old 17th October 2006

And here I was thinking about a Soundcraft mixing board when I saw "K2".

That's a nice board.

-tINY

Old 17th October 2006
haha. Yeah it is, I've used it live a few times. Sorry for the confusion!
Old 17th October 2006
Gear Maniac

I know what you mean. It's a $500 mic. What do you want? It definitely doesn't make you say "Holy crap." It doesn't sound great all over everything. But that's lots of mics.

The funny thing about $500 mics is when a great singer gets behind one, you forget how much they cost.

In another mood, I'd have an entirely different opinion. Subjectivity is a funny thing. Anyone catch the US News and World Reports story on consciousness? Weird article for that magazine. Not exactly news, but a good walkthrough of modern discussion of the subject. Most of the major players are talked about, save one or two.
Old 6th February 2011
Gear Addict

I like to use some eq`s in my mixes, really nice to my ear, but I like more in live sound!

but if u dont have outboard EQ , the k2 eq sounds better than a lot of plugins!!

the best
Old 6th February 2011
Lives for gear

Back off of it a bit and see if you like it better... if you get up on it like a lot of mics - it just sounds weird.. give it some space. Oh, and try it halfway between cardioid and omni.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search