The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What's your favorite lunchbox 500 EQ?
Old 29th January 2014
Gear Head

What can you guys recommend for a live solo piano situation? I'm really interested in a Xfilter, but not sure if there are any other choices in this price class. Don't want to pay more than a Xfilter.
Old 29th January 2014
Gear Nut

Maag Eqs are magical. Just got an Ocean Audio Eq and I love it! very versatile. Inexpensive and autographed by Malcom Toft himself. Chandler Little Devil Eqs are also in a league of their own. API eqs will still never go out of style either.
Old 29th January 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanEldred View Post
Looking forward to the not-too-distant future Trident 500 EQs.

Hey Nathan, have you tried the Ocean Audio EQs? as close to Trident EQs you might get since Malcom Toft now owns this company
Old 29th January 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by conflict151 View Post
Maag Eqs are magical. Just got an Ocean Audio Eq and I love it! very versatile. Inexpensive and autographed by Malcom Toft himself. Chandler Little Devil Eqs are also in a league of their own. API eqs will still never go out of style either.
Yes! I decided to buy 2x Chandler Little Devil Eq, 2x Maag Eq2 and 2x API 565 (and maybe 2x Kush Clariphonic 500 in a second time..) it seems to be a really great combo ^^
Old 30th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by erol View Post
Aren't these more filter modules than EQ ones?
The Chop Shop presents a unique approach to EQ'ing, but make no mistake about it--it's definitely an EQ. I believe it's one that gives you the ability to dial up mix-relevant tonal curves in very few knob tweaks. It specifically does things that most other EQ's don't offer. For instance, the Focus knob lets you quickly shift the tonal "focus" of a sound from bass to treble by turning one knob. I find this really valuable for tracking things like guitars and vocals where sometimes my mic placement leaves a little bit to be desired and I get too much proximity effect or need more presence out of ribbon mic (really nice on acoustic guitar by the way). The Bump lets me put some oomph on things like kick or bass while simultaneously clearing up subsonic mud. I've been gettting good mileage out of the Hi-Cut for putting that “ripping out of the speaker” bite on distorted guitars while making room for cymbals and vocal air. There's usually two or three going on behind the scenes of each section. This allows the music making process to be more artistic and less technical. And that just makes recording more fun.

Talljoe--did you get yours yet?

Brad
Old 30th January 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad McGowan View Post
The Chop Shop presents a unique approach to EQ'ing, but make no mistake about it--it's definitely an EQ. I believe it's one that gives you the ability to dial up mix-relevant tonal curves in very few knob tweaks. It specifically does things that most other EQ's don't offer. For instance, the Focus knob lets you quickly shift the tonal "focus" of a sound from bass to treble by turning one knob. I find this really valuable for tracking things like guitars and vocals where sometimes my mic placement leaves a little bit to be desired and I get too much proximity effect or need more presence out of ribbon mic (really nice on acoustic guitar by the way). The Bump lets me put some oomph on things like kick or bass while simultaneously clearing up subsonic mud. I've been gettting good mileage out of the Hi-Cut for putting that “ripping out of the speaker” bite on distorted guitars while making room for cymbals and vocal air. There's usually two or three things going on behind the scenes of each knob. This allows the music making process to be more artistic and less technical. And that just makes recording more fun.

Talljoe--did you get yours yet?

Brad
I did! They look nice in the rack. And the lights are plenty blue. As for how it sounds? I'll find out when we fill up the new studio this weekend. See attached image. BTW, that empty space? Electras.
Attached Thumbnails
What's your favorite lunchbox 500 EQ?-1048083_656097834454996_398287037_o.jpg  
Old 30th January 2014
Lives for gear

Bump
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search