The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Doing a preamp modification yourself?
Old 12th October 2006
Gear Maniac

Doing a preamp modification yourself?

Are there any sites devoted to preamp modification instructions, schematics, etc? It would be nice if I could find the modifications black lion does to the MOTU so I could jsut do it myself for cheaper :P

Edit: I guess one solution is to just get a seventh audio kit, but I am interested in being able to improve my Converter quality as well.
Old 12th October 2006

Seriously, the newer MOTU aren't that bad. If you need a couple of outboard pres for special track, just get them.

If you have a need to smell solder fumes, build a pre-amp or compressor.

If you have to have "better" converters, get a mini-me or something for those couple of tracks where it matters.

-tINY

Old 17th October 2006
SMT
Gear Maniac

Yeah, I would like to do that Black Lions mod to my Motu 2408 MkII as well... I live in Sweden, so I can´t use Black Lions services.
But I have a friend that could actually do it. He would only need the schematics to the Motu.
Does anyone here have it? Or anyone know a good "schematics database" or something like that.....?????

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search