The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
FMR RNC with grey exterior?
Old 22nd December 2013
Gear Nut

FMR RNC with grey exterior?

I'm looking to wet my teeth on compression with an FMR RNC. They have them at the store I work for and I brought one with a black exterior home to try out. Now I've found a used one (the owner bought it second hand so doesn't know how old it is) and it has a grey exterior. Does anyone know if there is a difference between the grey and black ones? I searched it and couldn't find anything.

Anything I should be worried about? The guy seems trustworthy.
Old 22nd December 2013
Lives for gear

I've had mine for about 5 years and it's grey.
Old 23rd December 2013
Lives for gear

a black one? I've never seen that. I guess asking those FMR audio people would be best...
Old 23rd December 2013
Black? Mine are gray.... But hey... Things change...

You could get a special rack for both. To make em 19 inch compatible...
Then (from the front at least) they're both black

Funk Logic | FRT-8373 Rack Tray for FMR Audio RNP/ RNC
Old 23rd December 2013
Old 23rd December 2013
Gear Nut

Thanks guys. I bought it and will be returning the other one. Or maybe I should keep both.....uh oh. That's a slutty dilemma. That rack is a cool idea.

I wasn't worried about the color. Just wondering, if the color changed, did something internal change too.

Thanks dudes.
Old 23rd December 2013
Lives for gear

Those are just the old black Funk Logic Racks. FMR now have a 3Unit track if you want to put three of their mini units in one rack, but you used to have to use the old two unit Funk Logics.

As for the Black plastic shell Vs a Grey one. I bet they just swapped colors because black is cooler. (I sincerely doubt there is any change to the guts.)
Old 23rd December 2013
It was allways possible to rack 3. The f.l. stuff just look better in a rack. Keep both. They are amazing tools at any price.
Old 24th December 2013
Gear Maniac

I think I'm going to get one of these for myself as an xmas gift.
Old 24th December 2013
Lives for gear

Once in a while they just use whatever parts they have available. I bought an RNLA once, direct from FMR, and it has back knobs instead of the red ones. Called them up and they said it was the same electronics just with black knobs.
Old 24th December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboJets View Post
Once in a while they just use whatever parts they have available. I bought an RNLA once, direct from FMR, and it has back knobs instead of the red ones. Called them up and they said it was the same electronics just with black knobs.
Well...when was the last time the knobs really affected the sound? At that price can you blame them?
Old 25th December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by herecomesyourman View Post
Well...when was the last time the knobs really affected the sound? At that price can you blame them?
right, I agree. I like what it does for my signal chain even when it's not compressing.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search