The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Set the arpeggio rate on a SH101 (and Jupiter 6)
Old 13th December 2013
Here for the gear

Set the arpeggio rate on a SH101 (and Jupiter 6)

Hi, I need to set the arpeggiator on my SH101 and Jupiter 6 to a specific bpm.

I have been able to do this flawlessly on my Juno 60, Mono/Poly and others (by sending a rim shot click track to them) but the 101 and Jupiter 6 dont seem to respond to this technique. I've checked the details on the Kenton website and even bought a Roland MPU101 midi to CV converter and still cant get it working.

The 101 has a quater inch 'arppegio clock in' jack/socket and the Jupiter 6 has 'arpeggio click in' jack/socket.

It would seem to me that a being a quarter inch jack a sound source would be what is needed (as opposed to a cv). When I plug a lead in, the arpeggiator is overridden however it stops arpeggiating and just plays a single continuous note.

Does anyone have any idea how can be done? Using a click track would be best as I have an app an can just set/trigger the arp using my phone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks
Old 24th December 2013
Here for the gear

Hello, anyone????
Old 24th December 2013
No idea, but I would try normalizing your rim shots and truncating them to 20 ms. Or try a chopped up square wave - probably 1 kHz, also normalised and truncated. Maybe try an isolation transformer to ensure there is no stray noise or DC. There are topics on this subject if you google around - seems to be a bit hit or miss. Probably this was based on the output of a Roland drum machine sync signal, which was probably a simple switched DC voltage perhaps?

I'm assuming you don't have midi? I would just program the arps myself or maybe use an arp plugin.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search