The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What are your thoughts on the Lewitt LCT 940?
Old 15th November 2013
Gear Head

What are your thoughts on the Lewitt LCT 940?

Looking at spending some money on a microphone, and came across the Lewitt LCT 940. There really isn't much buzz on it since its a new model. Its a 21st century looking mic that isn't trying to emulate any vintage microphones.

Have any of you worked with one? What are your thoughts? For $1500 is this a good choice?
Old 17th November 2013
Gear Maniac

If it's anything like the LCT640 (which I don't think it is), it's stunning. I own the LCT640 and I'm blown away every time I set it up! Literally use it on everything.
Old 17th November 2013
Gear Maniac

Although it's not quite the same still, I refer you to this thread:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/841825-microphone-one-kind-lewitt-lct-840-a.html

It's the baby brother of the 940 I believe.
Old 17th September 2015
Lives for gear

It's a stunning microphone, pretty much all the vocal mics I would ever need wrapped in one. I've been using it for a few days on voice overs and for recording some trumpet overdubs. Stunning is the word that comes to mind, in FET mode it has the beautifully neutral but larger than life voice of the two LCT 550s I have here at the moment, it sounds pristine and big, detailed but never harsh.
In valve it becomes both big and rounded, softer but not woolly - the very detailed quality is still there, just rounded out in a very musical way. And of course you get endless variations in between. Like the 550s its also remarkably immune to sibilance. I'm planning to write a review in the next few days, as soon as I get the time.
Old 17th September 2015
Gear Maniac

I demo'd one briefly and liked it a lot. It does the job of several mics. Its hard to find a mic more versatile than a C414, but I think that the 940 may have it beat. I didn't find it quite as crisp as a C414, but there is still a lot of detail, and it never sounded harsh in my tests. I think it would be a good purchase for anyone, and a great purchase if you are looking for a workhorse FET mic, but are also looking to add a tube mic to your locker.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search