The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Peavey AMR 1600 / 2400 owners please help.
Old 23rd October 2013
Peavey AMR 1600 / 2400 owners please help.

Hey Guys,

Can anyone tell me if it's ok to run a Peavey AMR 1600 console with a couple of input modules removed for servicing? There is no mention anywhere in the literature if this is ok to do. I am not a tech, but I was under the impression that as a modular console it could be put together in different configurations & serviced on a channel by channel basis to avoid down time.

Any AMR owners who can shed a little light on the subject?

Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomiboy View Post
Hey Guys,

Can anyone tell me if it's ok to run a Peavey AMR 1600 console with a couple of input modules removed for servicing? There is no mention anywhere in the literature if this is ok to do. I am not a tech, but I was under the impression that as a modular console it could be put together in different configurations & serviced on a channel by channel basis to avoid down time.

Any AMR owners who can shed a little light on the subject?

Thanks in advance.
when I had one we had 2 modules that needed to be fixed and we pulled them and ran the console, no problems.
just make sure you power the console off when you pulled them.
Old 24th October 2013
Thanks a heap for the info mate. I have a guy in OZ who is willing to work on her for me but I have to keep stuff moving around here.

Any mods you know of, or issues I should look out for on this console? I like it's workflow & I've heard it can be a made into a real beast with a few minor changes.
Old 11th November 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musiclab View Post
when I had one we had 2 modules that needed to be fixed and we pulled them and ran the console, no problems.
just make sure you power the console off when you pulled them.
Do you know if it works the same way for the (right) monitor section / sidecar of the board?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11th November 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomiboy View Post
Do you know if it works the same way for the (right) monitor section / sidecar of the board?

Thanks in advance.
I never pulled any of the monitor buss modules and ran the console, but I would think it's not a problem, that's part of why it's modular console.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search