The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Need help with Lindell 506, 6x-500 and pex-500
Old 23rd October 2013
Gear Head

Need help with Lindell 506, 6x-500 and pex-500

hello i need help with the Lindell power 506 and the Lindell eq and lindell pre
I cannot get sound out of the eq at all. the the pre works but doesn't sound very good I also brought the comp but that works fine. I put the comp in all six slots to verify that they work but cannot get the eq to work. these are my second set
I couldn't get sound out of either the first time and now its the eq. either they are lacking on the manufacturing side or the store I brought it from gave me the same eq I had the first time because it still does not work. has anyone experienced any issues with the Lindell? also I spoke to Lindell and he said to remove the back to make sure that the modules are seated properly but that didn't work. I am new to the 500 series and so far its been a hassle maybe you do get what you pay for!!!

do all barley fit in the slot ? the Lindells seem to go in about an 1/8 of an inch
but if you remove the back panel they can go a lot more that has not seem to hamper the performance of my only working module just asking.
any help would be appreciated .
Old 23rd October 2013
Gear Head

also when running sound thought the 6X-500 it makes that instrument sound narrow and kind of kills it and the eq is no help . does Lindell have a tech support ?
Old 23rd October 2013
Gear Addict

Have you considered going back to the store you purchased them from and having them sort out the problem for you?
Old 24th October 2013
Gear Head

I think it is a manufacturing issue , I took them down to a shop in atlanta and tried them in 2 api racks and they didn't work there either. I tried cheap modules, expensive modules and they all worked in my rack so that eliminates the rack being bad . I ordered one of each but only the comp works I just shipped them off today this will be my 3rd set, what I did notice is that other cards fit nice and snug in the Lindell rack but the lindell cards barely fit they need to be a little longer. they almost cannot be in the rack without screwing them in or they will fall to the side

they also dont have a tech support the company who is supposed to handle Lindell issues in the US was no help when I explained the situation they just said send them back no troubleshooting. when you call them they tell you to send an email.

if it doesnt work this time Ill send it all back and get an api rack. I brought them from a store in NY (Brooklyn) because they were 40 cheaper on the cards
and 60 than everyone else, this is my first time trying the 500 series.
Old 24th October 2013
Please take them back to your dealer for replacement units.

We do have tech support and service in New York!
Old 25th October 2013
Gear Head

well it may be tech support but they were not very helpful, when you call them they tell you that they cannot help you over the phone and that you should email them your issue. then they reply that you should send them back. well the store I purchased them from had already given me an RMA so what are they there for
Old 21st September 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindell View Post
Please take them back to your dealer for replacement units.

We do have tech support and service in New York!
Hi Tobias, I'm also having an issue with one of the 2 PEX-77's I bought some months back at what is probably the same store in Brooklyn as the original poster mentioned (I bought two for stereo bus use). They have a 30 day return policy only at the store and said, "we'll have to bounce it back to the manufacturer". One of the units is distorting heavily regardless of the signal level I input. This seems to occur once the unit warms up some. Where can I go for exchange (by mail or however) or repair? I am also in NYC.
Thanks.
Old 23rd September 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltman View Post
Hi Tobias, I'm also having an issue with one of the 2 PEX-77's I bought some months back at what is probably the same store in Brooklyn as the original poster mentioned (I bought two for stereo bus use). They have a 30 day return policy only at the store and said, "we'll have to bounce it back to the manufacturer". One of the units is distorting heavily regardless of the signal level I input. This seems to occur once the unit warms up some. Where can I go for exchange (by mail or however) or repair? I am also in NYC.
Thanks.
Hi,
I got your email some days ago. And it is being taken care of by our US distributor.
Old 23rd September 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindell View Post
Hi,
I got your email some days ago. And it is being taken care of by our US distributor.
I did hear from the distributor...thanks very much, Tobias.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search