The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
wide pattern speakers
Old 22nd October 2013
Here for the gear

wide pattern speakers

I am looking to install two speakers to cover my 40' wide room. It is only 24' deep. I am hoping to cover it with two speakers. I need speakers with a 120 degree horizontal pattern to accomplish this. They must also sound good up close given the lack of depth in the room. Budget is 1k each speaker.

I should add that we do pretty heavy music in here and that we also want to get a sub.

Any recommendations for wide pattern speakers that sound good up close?
Old 22nd December 2013
Here for the gear

Just looking over my threads and this one made no sense so I started a more detailed discussion in a new thread:
Speaker selection ideas for small room
Old 23rd December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWeber View Post
I am looking to install two speakers to cover my 40' wide room. It is only 24' deep. I am hoping to cover it with two speakers. I need speakers with a 120 degree horizontal pattern to accomplish this. They must also sound good up close given the lack of depth in the room. Budget is 1k each speaker.

I should add that we do pretty heavy music in here and that we also want to get a sub.

Any recommendations for wide pattern speakers that sound good up close?
QSC K8
Old 23rd December 2013
Lives for gear

Bose 802 series III with a 15" sub pf your choice. I use these all the time, for everytng form a smal room such as yours to 300 people in a backyard concert or parking lot party. Works every time!

Is this a practice ahll, a music club, or your bedroom? And what means "heavy?" Solo piano playing Beethoven can get pretty heavy...
Old 23rd December 2013
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search