The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Audient iD22 vs RME Babyface?
Old 22nd October 2013
Here for the gear

Audient iD22 vs RME Babyface?

I'm in the market for a new interface. I've been pretty set on the Babyface but I recently took the iD22 into consideration as well. My main concern is the conversion quality. I know the RME converters are great for the price. Does anyone know how the Audient converters compare? I have a relatively minimal home studio setup so i/o isn't a big deal. Anyone have experience with both interfaces?
Old 23rd October 2013
Lives for gear
I used to have the babyface and now have the id22. I didn't have them at the same time to directly compare them but I like the id22 and feel it is a step up in quality. The headphone amp is a big step up.
Old 29th October 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtripper View Post
I used to have the babyface and now have the id22. I didn't have them at the same time to directly compare them but I like the id22 and feel it is a step up in quality. The headphone amp is a big step up.
Thanks mjtripper! Thats awesome because I'm definitely leaning towards the iD22 lately and pretty sure I'm sold...However, disappointed with the lack of Canadian dealers!
Old 1st November 2013
Nick,

There is a Canadian dealer. Just check on the Audient site. I beleive he is based in Penticton BC.
Old 2nd November 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemeister View Post
Nick,

There is a Canadian dealer. Just check on the Audient site. I beleive he is based in Penticton BC.
Thanks, rosemeister, I've been in contact with Sonotech (Montreal dealer)...still cheaper to order from Vintage King apparently. So I'll be ordering it very soon!
Old 2nd November 2013
Rock Shop Pro in Penticton has them for about $850 plus shipping. But you would have to call them to get an exact quote.
Old 3rd November 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemeister View Post
Rock Shop Pro in Penticton has them for about $850 plus shipping. But you would have to call them to get an exact quote.
rosemeister, thanks man! I will def contact them...good thing I didn't jump the gun :p

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search