The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
New Ams Neve 1073 N ? Any users / Reviews???
Old 21st October 2013
New Ams Neve 1073 N ? Any users / Reviews???

Has anyone tried the new Ams Neve 1073n ?? Or shot it out with the Neve 1073 cv?? It seems like a no brainer when compared to buying the Neve 1073 AND rack to power it.. its $2500 brand new ... the 1073 cv is $4200 new w/ rack.

My Question......

Is there really a BIG difference sonically between the two?

Neve stated its the EXACT same build however its not handmade.. does that play into the actual tone of it? or would you guys say its very minute and subtle differences that really don't make that big of a difference?

Last... as an alternative...has anyone shot out the BAE 1073 in comparison between the 3 (Im willing to pay for either for the best sound)

Are there huge differences sonically between these models below? If so can you please explain the qualities of how so?

1. Bae 1073
2. Neve 1073n
3. Neve 1073cv /rack power supply
Old 21st October 2013
Lives for gear

I would buy it. My parnter DVD I shot it out against an AMS Neve 1081 and while these are different circuits the 1073n sounded great and both of us were left wanting one left permanent steeped on the kick drum. It behaves as a 1073 should.
Old 26th December 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyMac View Post
I would buy it. My parnter DVD I shot it out against an AMS Neve 1081 and while these are different circuits the 1073n sounded great and both of us were left wanting one left permanent steeped on the kick drum. It behaves as a 1073 should.
I bought one two weeks ago and I am very happy with it. I've owned the DPA, LB and used the original ones producing at East West Studios for the past year. I'm saving to get another one soon. Better than any of the alternative clones in town.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search