The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
What drum overheads did you use today
Old 16th November 2013
Lives for gear

Pair of C451EBs.... Sounds great on its own, but did a test mix of the track after the session and will probably re-cut the drums with Beyerdynamic MC840s down the line. 451s I think are going to be too bright/detailed for these tracks which is going to interfere with getting the vocals super forward.

I mean I can get away with cutting the top on the 451 tracks but that never sounds completely right to me for some reason.

Drummer coming back to cut 2 more tracks so no biggie on redoing these 2 when he does.

I really should stick to my trusty MC840s on OH, was a bit too anxious to try the 451s since I just had the capsules redone.

End rant.
Old 17th November 2013
Lives for gear

Pair of M70s
Old 17th November 2013
Here for the gear

pair of sm81's through 1176, with a generous amount of gr
Old 17th November 2013
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SighBorg View Post
Pair of C451EBs.... Sounds great on its own, but did a test mix of the track after the session and will probably re-cut the drums with Beyerdynamic MC840s down the line. 451s I think are going to be too bright/detailed for these tracks which is going to interfere with getting the vocals super forward.

I mean I can get away with cutting the top on the 451 tracks but that never sounds completely right to me for some reason.

Drummer coming back to cut 2 more tracks so no biggie on redoing these 2 when he does.

I really should stick to my trusty MC840s on OH, was a bit too anxious to try the 451s since I just had the capsules redone.

End rant.
Cutting out the high end on 451's always sounds weird to me, too. Instantly sounds poorly processed.
Old 17th November 2013
Lives for gear

ORTF pair of Josephson C42's as overheads, spaced pair about 10-12 feet out front of Royer R121's.

Works very well. I like the cymbals to be a combination of the very clear and precise pick-up from the overheads with a little bit of a washy sustain from the compressed rooms.

Greetings,
Dirk
Old 17th November 2013
Gear Addict

Audix scx25a x 2.
Old 23rd November 2013
Lives for gear

Yesterday... Beyerdynamic mc840s in hypercard going to api3124. Nice depthy and kinda big sounding (due to the medium diaphragm capsule) and crazy smooth top end.

The c451s i used on the other band sound much more balanced now that the gtrs have been tracked and the song half mixed... i dont think i need to rerecord them now.
Old 24th November 2013
Pair of KSM32s today. Sounded pretty rockin'.
Old 24th November 2013
Gear Nut

Lawson L47

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search