The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Online Services for Recording Studios
Old 20th October 2013
Gear Maniac
Online Services for Recording Studios

I have been thinking about entering the international market with my studio.

I may not have top of the line gear, but I have enough for what I need: A 32 Ch Midas Venice Mixer, about 15 mikes, 150 Gb worth of Sound Banks...etc
Also I have studied Sound and Music Production in Buenos Aires and I have been a musician since I was 3 years old.

Basicly my niche would be mid budget projects that are looking for the quality and budget of a recording studio like mine, but it`s cheaper for them do hire one overseas.

So based on my skills and equipment, my options for:

- Mixing: Could be aimed at musicians with Home Studios that can get a relativly clean recording, but don`t know how to Mix/Master, nor have the tools for it. Also producers or bands who would rather save some bucks on the mixing process and use that money for a better tracking or mastering studio.
The fact that we have an analog Midas mixer should help bring some attention to indie producers.

- Songwriting for Film/Games: Songwriting for Independent films, documentaries, videogames...etc
For what I have read, this market is a little tricky to get in, especially if looking for decent jobs, but here I can "shine" the most, since it combines all the things I have ever been good at: Making music, performing music, recording, mixing and playing videogames :P

- Post-Production for multimedia: For this one I would aim mostly at indie or recent graduated filmmakers, who are making small projects, mostly with a small staff of no more than 5 or 10 people, and who only wants "automatic sound enhancing", meaning they just want someone to hand the sessions to, and have it returned sounding good ready to sync with the video and have it printed.
Any project more serious than that, might require more control over the mix that he will be able to archieve without being phisically in the studio.

- Voiceovers: My business partner in the studio has a great voice and very good english pronunciation.
We already make voiceovers for local clients in spanish, but we would like to reach wider.
I have read about some webs like voices123.com that look interesting.

- Audio Restoration: Also one of my best qualities. I have done some pretty good work restoring cassette recordings from 20 years ago.

- "Midi to Wav conversion": There probably is a name for this, but I`m reffering to mid sized projects that requiere orchestral elements but don`t have the budget to record one.
They might already have a songwriter and scores, but they need those notes to transform into audio somehow. That`s where I come in!
They send me the scores, I program the neccesary orchestral samples, I mix, I bounce, and then return a stero track ready to be included in the session.

Do you think is a good starting point for online services?

What other online services do you offer?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search