The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Please visit Mytek at the show. Booth 3244.
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Head

Please visit Mytek at the show. Booth 3244.

Mytek booth will feature high performance Protools HDX multichannel ADDA conversion system
and the new high-speed DSD multichannel recording/mastering system featuring laptop, Pyramix Native and a USB Mytek 8X192 multichannel Converters!
Mytek Digital Converters and Clocks will be presented, including the newest 128dB 32 bit Stereo192-DSD reference DAC.
NEW Private Q2 headphone system, the acclaimed Mytek analog headphone monitoring solution updated with new Centronics connectors.
Mastering systems for emerging DSD and PCM High Resolution downloads and state of the art stereo/surround DSD/PCM Hi-Fi computer playback systems
will be presented during evening sessions at Mytek Brooklyn R&D Studio.

Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

I've enjoyed my 8x192 (w/adat card) enormously over the years. Will there be a USB upgrade for current owners, along with cue software? I'd love to release it from the tether of the other box it's been chained to all of these years that has cue software.

Congrats on the new products!
Old 17th October 2013
Here for the gear

Multi-channel DSD playback on 8x192? Detail please.
Old 17th October 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELI-173 View Post
I've enjoyed my 8x192 (w/adat card) enormously over the years. Will there be a USB upgrade for current owners, along with cue software? I'd love to release it from the tether of the other box it's been chained to all of these years that has cue software.

Congrats on the new products!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mist View Post
Multi-channel DSD playback on 8x192? Detail please.
Hi,

We do provide USB 2.0 DIO card for 8X192 ADDA converters.
Now it is capable of playback/recording 8 channels of up to 128xDSD in conjuction with Merging Pyramix Native. Extensive tests are performed to approve ability of doing it with more channels.

Eli, can you please let me know what do you mean by cue software?

Thanks
Adam
Old 17th October 2013
Here for the gear

Is it USB card only?
I have 8x192 with Firewire card.
Is there any chance I can use "DSD over PCM" feature on 8x192 for HIFI playback?
About Pyramix, "Mastering pack" required?
Old 17th October 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Is it USB card only?
I have 8x192 with Firewire card.
Is there any chance I can use "DSD over PCM" feature on 8x192 for HIFI playback?
Yes, only USB-DIO card.
Our Stereo192-DSD DAC is perfect for application like you describe. Not only for DoP (DSD over PCM frames) but also Native DSD on Mac and PC.

I will update you with information about the Mastering pack since I'm not sure.

Thanks
Adam
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

Yes, mastering pack would be required for Pyramix.

Talk to Dennis Gaines from Pyramix USA (Independent Audio in Maine) to get all the details.
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plush View Post

Talk to Dennis Gaines from Pyramix USA (Independent Audio in Maine) to get all the details.
Not neccessarily, you can do it with any pack as long as you purchase the DSD key AFAIK.
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the info. I may be a tad fuzzy on this, but when I bought my 8x192 years ago I opted for the adat card and I chained it to a motu box (clocking the motu as well with WC) because Michal told me that although the firewire would work fine on it's own, it didn't have it's own monitoring software that ran on the mac. Again, I don't remember the details!
Does any of this ring any bells with you?

Thanks, man!

-Eli
Old 18th October 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Hi Adam,

Thanks for the info. I may be a tad fuzzy on this, but when I bought my 8x192 years ago I opted for the adat card and I chained it to a motu box (clocking the motu as well with WC) because Michal told me that although the firewire would work fine on it's own, it didn't have it's own monitoring software that ran on the mac. Again, I don't remember the details!
Does any of this ring any bells with you?

Thanks, man!

-Eli
Eli,

Approx.1 month ago we have released monitoring software with low-latency mixer for FireWire card. For now there are no plans for ADAT card software.

Users can download FW-DIO mixer here:
Mac:
http://mytekdigital.com/download_lib....1.3.17357.dmg
PC
http://mytekdigital.com/download_lib....1.3.17357.exe

Thanks
Adam
Old 18th October 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaukholm View Post
Not neccessarily, you can do it with any pack as long as you purchase the DSD key AFAIK.
As Nicolas from Merging says:
"Yes pretty much [you would need a Mastering pack], but to be precise, the pack is a bundle of different options, and only 2 options of this pack are technically needed to record DSD/edit DXD, it's the SACD/DSD Support option and the High Sampling Frequency one.
But the best is indeed to have the Mastering pack in order to have all the tools including SACD Authoring, etc."

Thanks
Adam
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

Thanks Adam,

So I could replace the adat card with a new USB card and use the monitoring software. That sounds great, how soon will the usb dio cards be available? Keep up the great work, I just love the sonics of my 8x192, best I've heard.
-Eli
Old 18th October 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Thanks Adam,

So I could replace the adat card with a new USB card and use the monitoring software. That sounds great, how soon will the usb dio cards be available? Keep up the great work, I just love the sonics of my 8x192, best I've heard.
-Eli
Eli,

I would like to clarify. Software with low-latency mixer is available for FireWire card only. And to answer your question, USB-DIO cards are available since long time, the same as FW-DIO cards. The software for FW-DIO has been updated with low-latency mixer lately. Thank you for kind words.

Thanks
Adam
Old 19th October 2013
Lives for gear

I wish I could be there, but for now this will have to do

As the owner of 3 8x192, I'm VERY interested in the new HDx Hardware you mentioned.

More details please. I'm on the verge of upgrading 2 HD systems and would very much like to stay a customer.
Old 19th October 2013
Gear Head

In the exact same situation- own 3x (8x192's) & just installed HDX system... Was planning on unloading the Myteks, although I'd rather stick w/them !

Any info on HDX compato very much appreciated...
Old 21st October 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooz View Post
As the owner of 3 8x192, I'm VERY interested in the new HDx Hardware you mentioned.

More details please. I'm on the verge of upgrading 2 HD systems and would very much like to stay a customer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by docric View Post
In the exact same situation- own 3x (8x192's) & just installed HDX system... Was planning on unloading the Myteks, although I'd rather stick w/them !

Any info on HDX compato very much appreciated...
Kooz, Docric,

New PT HDX-DIO for 8X192 is available now and gives you 32 channels total for single connector, so 64 channels for one HDX card
at 44.1-192k and interfaces directly with Pro Tools|HDX card . You can connect 4x 8X192 ADDAs to 1 connector, so 8x 8X192 ADDAs to 1 HDX card.
If you have more questions please let me know at [email protected].

Thanks
Adam
Old 21st October 2013
Gear Nut

When can we expect Mytek unit with more I/O ? 12x192 or 16x192 perhaps ? Not trying to be judgmental, just asking.
Old 21st October 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterBalls View Post
When can we expect Mytek unit with more I/O ? 12x192 or 16x192 perhaps ? Not trying to be judgmental, just asking.
Glitter,

Next year there would be a new 2-channel ADC released by Mytek.
8X192 ADDA is the only multichannel converter from us at the moment.
Thanks for asking.

Thanks
Adam
Old 21st October 2013
Lives for gear

Hi Adam,

Will there be monitoring software for the USB DIO card in the future?
Old 22nd October 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Hi Adam,

Will there be monitoring software for the USB DIO card in the future?
Eli,

We haven't planned it yet but judging from our discussions with clients and between our team it is possible. I don't want to swear by it because it's too early. Definitely not this year, but next it could be done. We have rather nice ideas for next years of development so I hope it will be done. We are trying to built the Mytek brand strong by providing clients high-end, very high quality products even though there is 1 device released for approx. 3 years. But we are constantly trying to make our products better by adding new functionality (for example DSD recording via USB-DIO card).

How important is DSD to you Guys?

Thanks
Adam
Old 24th October 2013
Lives for gear

IMO DSD could be a great feature to any hi end converter... you'll expand your customers including it.. mastering studios and studio's that care more for the sound and that work with an analog console.. look at the buzz that the new tascam 2 track dsd recorder has.. plus sony just released some dsd playback units..

dsd sounds GOOD (I'm fine with pcm but dsd is better).

Cheu
Old 24th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Mytek View Post
).

How important is DSD to you Guys?

Thanks
Adam
We are seeing a dramatic increase in requests for DSD mastering and recording here.
Quite a bit of this is at 128 or 256.
Old 24th October 2013
Lives for gear

DSD capability is valuable I think. It is a niche market. It provides flexibility for studios.

Hi-res pcm is our bread and butter here.
Old 25th October 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheu78 View Post
IMO DSD could be a great feature to any hi end converter... you'll expand your customers including it.. mastering studios and studio's that care more for the sound and that work with an analog console.. look at the buzz that the new tascam 2 track dsd recorder has.. plus sony just released some dsd playback units..

dsd sounds GOOD (I'm fine with pcm but dsd is better).

Cheu
Cheu,

Thank you for opinion.
Yes, I read some Tascam DA-3000 posts.

Quote:
We are seeing a dramatic increase in requests for DSD mastering and recording here.
Quite a bit of this is at 128 or 256.
Quote:
DSD capability is valuable I think. It is a niche market. It provides flexibility for studios.

Hi-res pcm is our bread and butter here.
Klaukholm, Plush,

It's nice to hear this. I believe the DSD market will be expanding.

We have a great Users

Thanks
Adam
Old 27th October 2013
Here for the gear

Hi Adam,
can I use my 8X192 with Firewire DIO card for "surround" DSD Hi-Fi playback system? using software like J River Media Center or Foobar 2000?
or if I get USB DIO card, is it possible?
I hope Firewire driver update could do that.
Pyramix is too pricy just for DSD playback.
Thank you.
Old 29th October 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Hi Adam,
can I use my 8X192 with Firewire DIO card for "surround" DSD Hi-Fi playback system? using software like J River Media Center or Foobar 2000?
or if I get USB DIO card, is it possible?
I hope Firewire driver update could do that.
Pyramix is too pricy just for DSD playback.
Thank you.
Hi Mist,

You can use the 8X192 ADDA with USB-DIO card for surround DSD Hi-Fi playback system. Yes, you can use JRiver Media Center or Foobar 2000.

Thanks
Adam
Old 29th October 2013
Love my Mytek 192 ADC. Rock solid quality!
Old 19th November 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Kooz, Docric,

New PT HDX-DIO for 8X192 is available now and gives you 32 channels total for single connector, so 64 channels for one HDX card
at 44.1-192k and interfaces directly with Pro Tools|HDX card . You can connect 4x 8X192 ADDAs to 1 connector, so 8x 8X192 ADDAs to 1 HDX card.
If you have more questions please let me know at [email protected].

Thanks
Adam
Does this HDX card emulate the latency of the new AVID HD i/o interfaces, the old blue 193 interfaces - or neither?
Old 19th November 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
As Nicolas from Merging says:
"Yes pretty much [you would need a Mastering pack], but to be precise, the pack is a bundle of different options, and only 2 options of this pack are technically needed to record DSD/edit DXD, it's the SACD/DSD Support option and the High Sampling Frequency one.
But the best is indeed to have the Mastering pack in order to have all the tools including SACD Authoring, etc."

Thanks
Adam
To be clear, the high sampling rate option is standard and included in all newly purchased packs i v8.

What is included in mastering pack is the
otherwise €1400 Super Audio CD / DSD / DXD Support key

It is more economical to purchase mastering pack if you intend to use DSD, but here we have the DSD and the autoring keys added to our Post pack
Old 19th November 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Does this HDX card emulate the latency of the new AVID HD i/o interfaces, the old blue 193 interfaces - or neither?
Klaukholm,

HDX-DIO emulate output latency of the HD I/O on X1 (44.1 kHz and 48 kHz) and X4 (176.4 kHz and 192 kHz). Please take a look at attached table.

Thanks
Adam
Attached Files
File Type: pdf latency_table.pdf (4.4 KB, 107 views)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search